• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looked for the HELL NO, FK YOU ALPA!!! Selection but didn't see it. Had to settle for the much less gratifying "against".

Just voted no today as well. As good as it feels to finally be able to vote NO, I am now concerned about the silent majority out there that may be on the fence. Seems like the most vocal are the ones that are definite NO's. The guys who don't really want to talk about it are the ones that worry me. Get the word out about AK737.com. Some very good information there.

I guess I'm too dumb to figure out how to vote. I can't find the voting section anywhere on the alpa site.

edit: found it, big green "ballot open" button on the right side of the home page.

Last edited:
I've always been a long time admirer of ALK. From an outsider perspective, I don't get it. ALK is one of the most profitable legacy's. You guys should be tops for 73 pay. Scope is an issue as well. Now is the best time to get this stuff.

Sounds similar to what occurred at NetJets. Two key union leaders, (one was the president), feathered their own beds by angling their way into management after they negotiated the last contract.

I've always been a long time admirer of ALK. From an outsider perspective, I don't get it. ALK is one of the most profitable legacy's. You guys should be tops for 73 pay. Scope is an issue as well. Now is the best time to get this stuff.

Sounds similar to what occurred at NetJets. Two key union leaders, (one was the president), feathered their own beds by angling their way into management after they negotiated the last contract.

Karma is a bitch and none of us can escape from it.

Think about the POS TA we shot down after Kasher. The unity of this group was incredible. This TA is the exact same. A few extra $ in exchange for more productivity for the company. All pilots, Captains AND First Officers should see this for what it is, a concessionary contract. The sad thing is this was offered while our company makes record profits. Just sad.

Just voted "NO". More I read this TA, the more I don't understand how the NC and the MEC unanimously agreed that this is a good TA.:confused: I would like to see the polling data; I'm sure it'll never be released to us line pilots. I can't pick out one good deal in this TA for the pilot group, especially the FOs unless you count the furlough language. However, furlough is never a good thing so no win there. FOs will be moving even further backwards if this turd gets ratified. This TA would suffice if the airline was just scraping by and weren't making record profits.

In the midst of all this, how does the union score a deal with the company in getting 90 hours of pay for union business? Something smells bad. WTFO!

Last edited:
Flying with 23 year cpt he's is a solid No !! Vote .. But capt that took the jet from us 17 years is like oh it's not so bad ...

Latest resources

Back