• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wish more of you had voted NO last time !! Ya week dic......ks!!!

Everybody needs to read the annual shareholders statement .. Cover to cover .. Then decide ..

I haven't met one person who voted yes...I don't know how it passed.

There is an easy way to prove it. Take a screen shot of your no vote and carry it with you. When someone questions your no vote show it to them.

There is an easy way to prove it. Take a screen shot of your no vote and carry it with you. When someone questions your no vote show it to them.

Won't work. The ALPA vote system lets you vote NO, take a screenshot. and then log back in and change your vote. Good idea though.

If this becomes a TA, and the money is close to what the surveys said the pilots wanted,AND it gets turned down in ratification, we are going to be without a new contract for at least 2 years. The NMB will turn their backs right along with the company. If crappy pay rates are allowed in the TA, the MEC has painted all of us into a very hard corner.

Then again, if that's what the majority said they wanted and it passes with crappy rates?

C'est La Vie.

The company has always said they will not pay us industry leading wages. As long as we are near the top AND we get improvements in the other 3 cornerstones this will pass by a wide margin. That being said I will have to see at least some improvement in section 1.

I think the NC fears a merger more than scope. So the conspiracy theorist in me says we cave on scope and that back doors larger a/c into another airlines (Delta) scope protection.

Any growth at this airline will be in seats only. I hate to say it but we will not see a lot of pilot movement except for retirements. I'm personally at the point where I can think about the left seat but the thought of being on reserve for the next ten years puts a chill on that.

I do trust our NC and the MEC. I think if they would have pushed early on for the moon we wouldn't be close to a TA right now. I hope both sides were reasonable and this TA reflects that. If not I have no problem being parked by the NMB. I'd rather fight for a good contract than settle for a POS.

A week or two and we shall see for ourselves. What I'd like to know is, where can I get a head start on ordering the double breasted jacket and a hat?

Latest resources

Back