• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New email from the MEC .. Is out .. Says that TA is in line with our pole and what we desired ....???...

This contract meets my desires! I want my flying to be outsourced to SkyWest a lot more because I get tired of doing the shorter legs. I also want pilots to fly on vacation, reserves to pick up extra trips on their days off and best of all, the retirees get to come back and earn a few extra bucks on our dime. I like where I am in seniority so moving up is not too important for another decade. Retirement not being enhanced is also great. I don't like setting the bar higher because I want my company to have lower costs and I need to do my part....as do all our new hires. 13.5% is good enough for most people anyway. Scheduling....I'm glad they did not do much with that because I love the system as it is. Thanks NC and MEC!!! Glad you guys get more credit each month for the great job!!! Thanks!

In other words, "You cowards said you weren't willing to strike so this is what you get!"

We're not even close to that ..yet . And there is no way the Pres.. Will let us .. The whole dam state of Alaska would be cut off from the lower 48...pilots and company knows a strike won't happen..

We're not even close to that ..yet . And there is no way the Pres.. Will let us .. The whole dam state of Alaska would be cut off from the lower 48...pilots and company knows a strike won't happen..

My point is that they always ask that question in the poll. They shouldn't even ask that question. When it is time, have a strike vote. Then you will know. Doing so too early biases out negotiators.

Dissapointing To read the road show part of that fourm

Why does the MEC and NC try so hard to sell the TA if it's as good as they say it is? Hmmmmm.... You can't mask a turd and tell me it's a meatloaf! During the last road show and this one, they do a terrific job of putting the kabash on any individuals who ask the tough questions, topics like Scope and the measly pay increase. I see no difference between the company and ALPA in their tactics. Heck, the company is more cordial when they tell you politely to STFU! Just state the facts and don't sugar coat it. Using fear to jam this TA down our throats can only backfire!

I am still holding out hope that we see through this BS and vote NO.. Like the guys did on that crapy deal the company offered in 2005...

Latest resources

Back