• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran upgraded on consolidation outlook with Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Completely pilot error. Typical with AF pilots. That's why we fit like a glove at Value Jet. er...Air Tran.

Oh, you'll do alright, I'm sure after a little additional IOE and some tutelage from seasoned pros like Ty Webb, you'll probably be able to call Ramp Control for push clearance all by yourself.

It might take multiple IOEs. I'm sure I'd have to call for push at least twice. "Value Jet 123 push with Oscar. Oops. Citrus 123 push with Oscar."

What I've heard is that the 717's could possibly go to NWA to replace their DC-9's, in some kind of multi-faceted investment capital deal, if WN and FL were to merge.

On the other hand, I'd advocate WN holding on to the 717's and using them to replace their oldest -300's and -500's. AirTran's non-fuel CASM is lower than SWA's, and they are running a two-airplane fleet. SWA's one-airplane fleet is not necessarily the holy grail of cost-savings. AirTran is to cost, what SWA is to employees. AirTran is laser-focused on costs while SWA has the reputation for being extremely focused on keeping its employees happy. A WN/FL merger could bring the best of those two cultures together.

AirTran also has extremely capable management, most specifically Bob Fornaro that could be a huge asset to WN if people like him were brought into significant roles at WN.

Also, if the WN folks are worried about destroying the culture by bringing FL folks in, to be honest, the culture at FL, is in many ways, more like WN than WN is supposed to be. Make sense? FL knows it is the underdog and acts that way. WN is no longer in that position.

Maybe the AF should change their name to VALUE JET! Then, no one would know that they flew into a mountain. BTW, mx had nothing to do with Jackson Hole. Completely pilot error. Typical with AF pilots. That's why we fit like a glove at Value Jet. er...Air Tran.

Just another "I coulda had Jets" guy. I'm pretty sure that most Air Force guys are embarassed by you.

With SWA's recent mx snafu, it would be a terrible idea to get together with Air Tran and their well known mx problems. How many corners would this combination cut?

Tanker Clown, what were you 15 when the ValueJet crash happened ? I don't think you understand how that happened.

And by the way if you are going to try to be clever with a tagline get it right. Emil it's Emil Faber! Amateur.

It might take multiple IOEs. I'm sure I'd have to call for push at least twice. "Value Jet 123 push with Oscar. Oops. Citrus 123 push with Oscar."

HAHAHAHA. Surely you guys can appreciate the humor in that. Give the guy some credit he makes these boards interesting. I think I know who he is and if I do he is actually a DAL pilot!

Just another "I coulda had Jets" guy. I'm pretty sure that most Air Force guys are embarassed by you.

Catfish:

Remember, tanking is a manly profession. As long as you are the plugger and not the receiver.

I thank every tanker (clown) that gave me the gas to do harm knowing full well that they cannot.

Latest resources

Back