• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran upgraded on consolidation outlook with Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your understanding of the new merger law and seniority integrations leaves much to be desired. But this "critter" isn't exactly thrilled about the prospect of merging with SWA anyway.

What that law will mean in practice won't be determined until it is tested in the courts. How laws read on paper is rarely how they look on film.

It might take multiple IOEs. I'm sure I'd have to call for push at least twice. "Value Jet 123 push with Oscar. Oops. Citrus 123 push with Oscar."

Apparently you don't have much of a clue Mr. Airforce dude. You need to let go of the value jet thing.

A sub-contractor intentionally mislabeled and loaded as COMAT a box of o2 generators on a DC-9 back in 1996. As a result the aircraft caught fire, (due to no fault of Value Jet) crashed and all perished. Now 121 aircraft are required to have fire detection and protection installed.

So please, let's not get into this game of whose company has deposited more airframes across the landscape due to crew error, mx error or whatever reason. Before you post, read up, get a clue and stop acting like a clown.

With your attitude, I hope I never have to fly with you.

i am sure oil prices are providing management with all the ammo they will need for screw job: the sequel.

Last edited:
It might take multiple IOEs. I'm sure I'd have to call for push at least twice. "Value Jet 123 push with Oscar. Oops. Citrus 123 push with Oscar."
I completely agree with you. You will need additional IOE. Hopefully by the end of IOE, you will figure out you give the ATIS to ground, not ramp!

Last edited:
an arbitrator will decide what is economically fair based on career expectations etc...
Exactly! An arbitrator will decide! And do you honestly think an arbitrator is going to force Captains to be displaced to the right seat? Sorry, not gonna happen. If this merger happens (God forbid), then get used to the idea of pulling gear for Ty Webb.

Your understanding of the new merger law and seniority integrations leaves much to be desired. But this "critter" isn't exactly thrilled about the prospect of merging with SWA anyway.

What's wrong with you!?!, you don't want to do a three day without leaving the great state of Texas?

Frankly, I'm not really for a merger with Critter since they don't bring much to the table (payrates, attitude, scabs, etc..) but who knows crazier things have happened. I'm giving it less than a 10% chance.

I don't think our fleets would mix well, our 737s don't have the sunroof option.

If I remember correctly, a 5 yr Airtran Capt makes as much a 5 Yr Southwest FO.

Only if the FO in question is a complete whore.

PS., "Critter" went out when you were still in diapers, and your mother was looking at all the neighbors, trying to figure out where your misshapen head and pitifully tiny genitalia came from.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm not really for a merger with Critter since they don't bring much to the table (payrates, attitude, scabs, etc..) but who knows crazier things have happened. I'm giving it less than a 10% chance.
Attitude? YGTBSM. With an attitude like the one you just displayed, I doubt any of us could top that. Just by your use of the word, "Critter", it shows how bias and hateful you are towards fellow pilots. This company is AirTran Airways, not ValueJet and the call sign is "Citrus". Get it straight.

As for bringing something to the table - Hmmm...let's see. Access to the busiest airport in the country serving a major metropolitan area which would most likely be SWA's largest hub. What else? 137 new to fairly new Boeing jets with another 60 737's on order. Business class seating and dedicated assigned seating as opposed to a cattle car. Yeah...I guess we bring nothing to the table.

Scabs? Only a handful left. Most are gone. The ones who do remain hide in the corner. How many does SWA have on property?

Glad to see you are not in charge of this potential merger.

Latest resources

Back