• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union Board endorses TA w/ qulifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just over 2 years... So far, most of the rumors I had heard before, turned out to be just that, rumors... And I have no idea what the retro is based on... I really only looked at the contract for about 2 minutes...

Last edited:
Wow I'm sorry guys that was an insult to the profession and you. 5% what a Joke. Ask forklift Joe how his pay is doing and all of his options. Very sad

Not even a full month's paycheck for "retro pay"/"signing bonus"?

Lovely.

The 88-seat Scope clause still doesn't rule out a 100-seat jet configured for business class. With 16 business class seats (4 rows), that's an 84 or 88 passenger aircraft (can't remember which right off hand).

Look at the change in work rules VERY carefully... I can't believe anyone is even CONSIDERING concessions in Section 1 or 5.

If you are going to send a contract to your membership you don't do so "with qualifications." If it can't stand alone don't send it.

15 year payscales? You got an $8 per hour raise but it's gonna take you 3 more years to get it so is it even a raise?

"at worst case we're back at the table in 3.5 years because of our 6 month opening lead." Say what? Tell you what boys, WN had ONE YEAR lead openings before the contract became amendable. That was September 2005! We're not even close to a contract. Total eyewash.

Before you guys ratify this I'd remember that AA and UAL are looking for 35% raises.

Not my fight but I thought I'd lob one in.

Gup

Guys I hope you don't mind me being a guest on your thread here. I was just wondering a few things about the TA.
Not at all, genuine input is welcome! :beer:

What does the above quote mean, about no more door open/closed for pay? How else does the company propose they calculate it?
Our aircraft have several reports built into the ACARS functions. In addition to main door, it also reports all other doors (service and cargo) open and close, as well as aircraft movement, brake set, etc.

They want to change the pay calculation to start when the aircraft moves back from the jetbridge. This is estimated by a couple guys to be a 2-3% pay cut on a monthly average, sometimes more, depending on what cities you fly into, how many ATL turns you do, and WX delay months (t-storms, etc).

Is the 2:1 duty rig as its proposed now a daily hard credit, a per day prorated trip credit or a daily monthly look back?
Don't know, the full T.A. isn't available yet for general consumption. If early indications are accurate, it's a daily credit look-back which can change if you're re-assigned/re-crewed. Get put on a shorter duty day, get paid less. Get put on a longer duty day, get paid more.

On average, it wouldn't ever increase any of my trips. I did a quick look-back for duty time and was, on average, on duty less than 10 hours a day. In that same analysis I also looked at loss of the 4 hour min day. It would cost me about 2-3 hours per month of pay (approx 5% pay cut) - I bid a lot of trips with 2-3 legs a day and long overnights.

Is the 2% 401(k) match is seperate and addition to the B fund?
Don't know. Been hearing it both ways, one as an add-on to the B-fund of 1.5% and one as a 2% 401(k) match that you have to contribute to get with the B-fund remaining the same. I'll post a comparison here in a couple days when I can see the contract - I'm off for a week and will be taking the time to analyze it in-depth.

I believe your current scope is everything over 70 seats (please correct if wrong) what is the new scope?
That's correct.

Current Scope for 70-seaters and smaller is tied to the number of aircraft we operate. The max is with the company operating more than 100 "mainline" aircraft, they can operate up to 20% as many 70-seat RJ's and smaller.

New scope... standby, data still inconsistent.

Does the new pay table still apply to all 'small narrowbody' flying, with additional premiums for 'large narrowbody' and 'widebody'? If so what are those premiums?
It put the 737-800 and the A320 into the SNB bracket which is a pay cut of 13%.

Other than that, data is still out.

Thanks and best of luck over there whatever you guys decide.
Thanks,,, hoping for a large NO turnout.

If you are going to send a contract to your membership you don't do so "with qualifications." If it can't stand alone don't send it.

15 year payscales? You got an $8 per hour raise but it's gonna take you 3 more years to get it so is it even a raise?

"at worst case we're back at the table in 3.5 years because of our 6 month opening lead." Say what? Tell you what boys, WN had ONE YEAR lead openings before the contract became amendable. That was September 2005! We're not even close to a contract. Total eyewash.

Before you guys ratify this I'd remember that AA and UAL are looking for 35% raises.

Not my fight but I thought I'd lob one in.

Gup
Good lob...

And the 12-year CA pay is currently $152.57. $180 an hour is a $27.43 an hour raise, or about 18%. Sounds good until you look at what COLA is for a 12-year CA...

COLA from the amendable date would make that $152.57 about $166.72 in today's dollars (3 years of COLA raises). So that new $180 rate is an actual 8% increase but it takes 3 years to get there.

Take your $166.72 an hour of what Year 12 pay SHOULD be right now JUST for COLA from the ammendable date, add 3 years of ONLY COLA increases (no real longevity increase, JUST COLA for 3 more years worked), and you get $182.17.

So the answer is no, it's not really a pay raise, it's COLA-neutral.

Last edited:
its what the check says at the end of the week that really counts not the pay rates

work rules scope language merger stuff etc....

confused

I know all this stuff is mostly conjecture but I can't see what we are getting in return for all the things we are giving up.

Giving up so far (allegedly):

1. 4 hour min day
2. 12 hour duty day
3. Door close for pay
4. Scope above 70 seats
5. 15 year pay scale
6. Getting rid of reserve pay system of old

Getting in return?

1. 5% captain pay raise and 10% FO pay raise
2. Increase in 401k or B-fund
3. 4 year duration (not sure if this should be here)
4. ???

I just don't see it. Why give up so much for what looks like so little in return? Either the rumors are way off (I hope) or we are expected to vote the first one down like in 2001.

You forgot Dr's note if you call in sick. That there is enough of a step back to make me vote NO.
OBTW- I have yet to call in sick. I still don't care for this requirement.

I don't like the sounds of the scope. Sounds like the company will get someone to fly 190s with 86 seats and growth will just plain stop for AAI pilots. The company will start the whole process of holding this over our heads for all future negotiations. Is our NC really that stupid?
I think the scope in the current contract is at 70 seats. It should stay there or even drop to 50...

Latest resources

Back