• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union Board endorses TA w/ qulifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flash a light at me to show the support....I'll be the AirTran crawling at 5 knots down the taxiway.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering how the flying for the rest of the week and weekend would pan out.

Not to mention APU usage, two-engine taxi, and "no faster than a brisk walk" taxis...

I'm off until next Thursday, someone's gonna have to let me know how it's going out there.

I start a four day tomorrow, I'll let you know. I'm not sure its the company we should be mad at here, after all it is there job to save money. I think its the NPA and the negotiating team we should be pissed off at. What the heck were they thinking even bring us this piece of crap? Looks like another couple years before we finally get a deal.

I start a four day tomorrow, I'll let you know. I'm not sure its the company we should be mad at here, after all it is there job to save money. I think its the NPA and the negotiating team we should be pissed off at. What the heck were they thinking even bring us this piece of crap? Looks like another couple years before we finally get a deal.

While BoD is to be held responsible, it's the company that said that pilots are nothing special to them, just like any other employee group. And it shows with this proposal. SWA worries about making money too, you don't see them insulting their pilots.

It's ironic, last 3 recurrent ground school union lunches I've attended I was told to focus on scheduling issues in the contract and not get too hung up on the pay section Ch4. Now when they for some reason want to impress all us ignorant pilots with their hard won TA, the pay rates and lump sum figures are plastered all over the union site. I'm guessing 80/20 no on the rat vote. We are about to pay 380 million for MEH and we volunteer to start the clock at pushback! I must be missing something.

It'll be 60/40 in favor thanks to this appathetic group.

Please take advantage of KG's survey that was in your boxes.

While BoD is to be held responsible, it's the company that said that pilots are nothing special to them, just like any other employee group. And it shows with this proposal. SWA worries about making money too, you don't see them insulting their pilots.

I agree with you, but I do think the BOD has some explaining to do. Perhaps we need to get MB back on the negotiating team. I guess I'm just pissed because I come to expect this sort of crap from the company, what I dont expect is the union to go along with it and then try to make it seem better by saying we can start negotiating again in three and a half years. Well thats just friggin great, another six years of this bs. Sorry for the rant, I'm pissed off and tired.

They want to change the pay calculation to start when the aircraft moves back from the jetbridge. This is estimated by a couple guys to be a 2-3% pay cut on a monthly average,

I remember when I (we) took a 3% pay cut in a previous life my good friend started coming into work 3% late.

Last time I checked the AIM says to taxi at a Brisk walk. Have you ever tried to briskly walk from the jetway to the end of the runway =)

But in all seriousness I wish you guys the best

This negotiating committee had a tremendous opportunity going for them (merger+shareholders' meeting) and still were manipulated into emerging with a concessionary contract!

I think they need to all step down, and make way for some guys with the testicular fortitude and negotiation experience they are so clearly lacking.

AP- we appreciate your efforts, but ever since the Christmas debacle, you have been on the wrong path . . . .it's time to step down and save us the effort of a recall. That is the best thing you can do for your fellow pilots.

TW

Last edited:
Can someone fill me in on what "moving reserve days means"? I interviewed at AirTran recently and I figure I will be on reserve in the neighborhood of 6 to 12 months. I have never heard of this but some how it doesn't sound good. Bean

Latest resources

Back