• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union Board endorses TA w/ qulifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, current scope is 20% of active "mainline" fleet can be 50 seat RJ's.

50-70 seat RJ's are unlimited.

Everything above 70 seats requires that we fly them.

This is plenty of room for the company. I'm certainly not giving them more...

I have to agree. As it stands they can fly 20% of the ASM's with 70 seat AC and below. Higher than 70 seats can be flown by us. Make it the entry level poition and negotiate some reasonable rates. I'm sorry but I can't budge on this one.

I don't like the sounds of the scope. Sounds like the company will get someone to fly 190s with 86 seats and growth will just plain stop for AAI pilots. The company will start the whole process of holding this over our heads for all future negotiations. Is our NC really that stupid?

I was thinking the same thing. Are they that stupid? Don't make the mistake the legacy pilots have made. The whole contract hinges on scope. The company would forever be using that to lower your future leverage.

Doctor's note

Just got through the powerpoint and I didn't see anything about a doctor's note. Where is that info coming from and is it just language that says the company may require a note?

Wow that was a depressing powerpoint overall. I seriously am at a loss. I see all the things we gave up but where are the improvements? Moving reserve days off? Holy crap what other "major" does that?

But the kicker is NO Per Diem change? wow. Good thing the concessions at the airport won't raise prices for AirTran pilots...right?

Keeping current book and giving pay raises would have been better than this TA.

Just got through the powerpoint and I didn't see anything about a doctor's note. Where is that info coming from and is it just language that says the company may require a note?

Wow that was a depressing powerpoint overall. I seriously am at a loss. I see all the things we gave up but where are the improvements? Moving reserve days off? Holy crap what other "major" does that?

But the kicker is NO Per Diem change? wow. Good thing the concessions at the airport won't raise prices for AirTran pilots...right?

Keeping current book and giving pay raises would have been better than this TA.
I just read through the 66 page powerpoint and didn't see anything either about a Doctor's note. I did see where we can call back on a trip. The emergency sick bank would be terminated and 5 hours accrued sick time per month. I did see where we would get unlimited jumpseats and the 25.00 fee would be deleted. Why didn't they come up with a commuter policy? Every major now has a commuter policy. Where are the stock options and profit sharing?

pardon my ignorance but how is the non door to door going to be implemented? isn't it still an automatic function of the door shutting and the brake being dropped? perhaps taxi times will increase to make it up if this passes.......

pardon my ignorance but how is the non door to door going to be implemented? isn't it still an automatic function of the door shutting and the brake being dropped? perhaps taxi times will increase to make it up if this passes.......
It doesn't work like the CRJ, doesn't depend on brake position at all.

The main cabin door being closed is recorded by ACARS, regardless of brake position or other doors (service, cargo, etc). It's on the 2nd page of the OOOI screen (Out, Off, On, In).

When the aircraft exceeds a certain speed for a certain amount of time (I'm told it's >4 kts for >3 seconds but nothing in writing), you can see the "OUT" time appear on the ACARS (on the 1st page). This is what they want to use.

Problem is after the main door is closed, the slides have to be armed, cross-checked, flight attendants verify everyone is down, then you run the last of the before start checklist items and request a push clearance.

You're GOING to give up 2-3 minutes at least every single push and, in large cities or with some pax who insist on getting up to get something out of the overhead or a couple bags that show up late, you're going to hit 5 minutes pretty regularly.

Additionally, the flight attendants have a "me, too" clause in their contract. We give this up, and the flight attendants give it up, too, unwillingly and, in all likelihood, pretty unhappily.

It's a lose-lose proposition and does nothing but save the company money.

I for one am planning on maximizing safety by slowing my taxi speed WAY DOWN if this thing passes. With the stress that I will be under the next 7 years, I think it will be of utmost importance to slow down so I can be a safer pilot. This is what ORM is all about - recognizing a potential safety issue and taking preventative action to mitigate that issue. I think at 2 Kts. I should be nice and safe. I know Airtran will back me up when it comes to safety.

There is a provision there that if you don't move after 5 minutes with door closed, you start getting paid on minute 6. Who the hell is gonna keep track of that. Are you kidding me?

Just read the PowerPoint....other than we don't charge $25 for jumpseater, I can't find a single thing that I like.

I have worked very hard for this company doing best I can to save them money even during these negotiations. And that's how they value my efforts?

Flash a light at me to show the support....I'll be the AirTran crawling at 5 knots down the taxiway.

Unbelievable!

Latest resources

Back