• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran T.A. = Vote NO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We all know it is a set up. Hell when is the last time Airtran spent money on a P.I. for a guy out for less than a month. This place is really turning into a joke. Lear is a guy who steps up to fight for the pilots because he knows how weak our union is . Plain and simple the company is really showing their true colors during this whole process. Good luck Lear !! Hope you get your job back just for the sake of your resume. Not that I would come back after what you have dealt with.

Well?

That's nice... hostile work environment, libel, and defamation of character. Someone needs to fax me the letter 615-847-2064.

The long story short is I was on OJI from the 3rd through the 30th (injury date on the 3rd) and the company is saying that I "allegedly" committed fraud by working on my car while I was on OJI.

They neglect to tell people that the "video evidence" they obtained during the ENTIRE 27 days I was out wasn't until day 25, almost a MONTH after the injury and just 36 hours before I jumpseated to ATL and their doctor pronounced me fit for duty.

They evidently expect you to be an invalid on bed rest until the second you report for your next trip and changing a tire and spraying a pulley with lubricating spray is just "too much" for you to do after being out on OJI for almost a month but within 36-48 hours of being returned to full work duty. :rolleyes:

The company waited until AFTER their doctor declared me fit for duty to say anything (even though they had the info from their private investigator a couple days before then), THEN pulled me off my schedule marked MED (medical leave), wouldn't tell me why, did the meeting in MCO, then waited yet another week before they actually terminated me.

I haven't received the letter, but Rob D. read it to me over the phone on Thursday afternoon. It's full of misrepresentations and stretched versions of what was said under oath, and made to read as bad as could be for my job search with other carriers.

Basically, it's about as hostile and retaliatory as it gets.

The question is, were you out on OJI and engaging in the activiites that you are accused? (changing tire, operating a jack, under the hood of your car). If you were, your are in the wrong...period!

dc9guy,

Any chance that you are a former EAL pilot with your name on a "certain list"?

The question is, were you out on OJI and engaging in the activiites that you are accused? (changing tire, operating a jack, under the hood of your car). If you were, your are in the wrong...period!

So let me get this straight. I pull a muscle in my back and have to go out on OJI for 30 days (I'm assuming a doc says take one month to recover). I'm to meet with a company doc for clearance to go back to work on day 30. On day 29 a private dick films me picking up my toddler for a goodbye kiss as I leave.....and I would be in the wrong. Yeah..that's reasonable.

Hmmmm...first ever post, and a slam on our friend Lear.....I didn't know moles could write let alone see the light of day......

Let me start by saying that the company is playing dirty pool. However, Lear70 should not have done anything that the company could use aginst him. He had a target on his back and he put a spotlight on it for the company. Evan if he changed his tire so he could go to the Doc he was not released.
Was the PI hired by the company or the Workers comp?

So you expect him to be a complete invalid for 25 days? Ridiculous.

Ignore the troll.

The simple truth is this: No airman may excercise the privleges of his certificate with disqualifying symptoms. Guess who determines if the airman has "disqualifying" pain?

The airman.

This is harassment. An attorney well-versed in the FAR's will carry the day. The issue is WHEN that "day" will get here.

this is pure crap and harassment,

if i call in sick, and the the company sees me at the 4th of july celebration. am i lying?
they can only assume.
they make some ridiculous accusations toward me.
But I show them the prescription for vicoden I was taking to keep the pain bearable. Can't fly while under the influence of pain meds but I sure can watch fireworks with my kids.

ultimately the company lost.

Latest resources

Back