• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone (NC Guy) told some people at the road show this morning that if we don't vote this in, then we don't have a contract at all and the company can do whatever they want. Flat out lie. I want a refund for my dues.
Did anyone call him out on it?

If this is actually the case it's no wonder the NC got their a$$es handed to them, they don't even understand RLA basics! I say recall everyone of them! I have absolutely no confidence that our union leadership has the ability or intestinal fortitude to see this through! Unbelievable!

I know two people that were there and heard it first hand. Seriously......I want a refund.

Did anyone call him out on it?

One of the guys didn't actually know it wasn't true...and the other said he tried but couldn't get a word in. It's kinda scary....people CAN be convinced (scared into) to vote "yes" by this kind of disinformation and fear tactic.

The lone FO on the BOD has posted his letter of support on the NPA web site. He states that some FO's have complained about the 4th year FO pay being less than Delta's (actually it's less up to about year 9), his response.... don't worry about it we will all be captains by then! I am truly mortified at the ignorance being displayed by our President and BOD. After reading that letter I am convinced without a doubt that the BOD is in way over their collective heads!

The lone FO on the BOD has posted his letter of support on the NPA web site. He states that some FO's have complained about the 4th year FO pay being less than Delta's (actually it's less up to about year 9), his response.... don't worry about it we will all be captains by then! I am truly mortified at the ignorance being displayed by our President and BOD. After reading that letter I am convinced without a doubt that the BOD is in way over their collective heads!

I just read the letter. All I can say is WOW! These guys have their collective heads in the sand. The letter in question is weak at best.

I just read the letter. All I can say is WOW! These guys have their collective heads in the sand. The letter in question is weak at best.

Maybe he wrote it with a gun to his head???

I have no problem with the CA argument. As long as it is written in the contract, at the third year I get CAs pay regardless of seat. Then I will sign this sh!t.

But thing is we wont upgrade anyway because of what is going to be given away with scope.:uzi:

Last edited:
that letter is ridiculous..
is he crazy???
excited about a concessionary ta?
i wasnt for a recall.. until now.. i think he's lost his mind.
i could pick apart each line of that letter.. but whats the point.
open the polls.. vote this down.. and start over.

Look under CDOs in the TA, we gave up 3 days off following 1 CDO. We should have left it at the 3 days off but allowed us to waive the 3 days since it was not a FAR.

Did you see the confession part in the TA. " I confesss that I was paid off to endorse this crappy TA. I am afraid I have failed everyone and want to refund your union dues that we pissed away. Actually most of your dues paid for many free sandwiches for newhires and the necessary 3 NPA speakers per class. Oh yeah thanks for the free Piccadilly meals. I could hardly discuss the TA b/c I usually ordered 2 meals for myself since they were free plus I deserved them since we will all make $200/ hour. However we will only be able to fly 2 hours/month North America not included."

Last edited:
I didn't say it was. I simply believe it would be a lot easier for MEH to push their agenda with both carriers being ALPA than with two separate unions with AirTran being the acquiring carrier.

tell that to AAA. midwest is the mergee, not the merger.

Yeah,,, sure,,, "career expectations" was what the AAA pilots got. :rolleyes:

AAA/AWA is a p*ss-poor example of ALPA merger policy, simply because ALPA was taken out of the loop when AAA made the idiotic decision to request binding arbitration.

agreed, however the AAA furloughees had very little in "career" expectations. how would they have treated Delta if a buyout had gone through? they're self serving and are simply sabre rattling to show this. how about the AWA FO's who were looking at much faster upgrade times (with the new 190's) only to see all of that disappear and most of the new equipment going to the east.

True. But the AAA MEC tried that approach and it got them nowhere but screwed in a very large way. Have to be very careful with that kind of hard-nosed approach...

well to be honest the air tran pilot group has made overtures regarding fair and balanced integration issues. the midwest pilot group is REALLY small merging into a 5 times as large a company versus a larger AAA being merged into AWA. MEH MEC has little leverage in this compared to the sides in the AWA/AAA merger.

Gotta educate the pilot group on that very thing,,, That's also part of Section 1, along with Scope, and I just finished the last of that section and it's prepared to print; waiting for the other guys to chime in on R&I, Scheduling, and other stuff that's a big flag, put it all together, print a bunch of copies, and head down to ATL with it.

We have enough going on without trying to change unions. If people want it later on, then wait until we're not staring down the barrel of a gun (T.A.) One crisis at a time, please.

keep up the good work. i agree an alpa transition would not be useful at this time.

once again, what does the NPA charge for dues?

Latest resources

Back