• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This T/A not only affects us, it affects the entire industry. As pilots from Delta, United, American, US Airways are gearing up to battle management to restore what they gave up and Take It Back, along comes this T/A which goes straight to the bottom of the barrel on work rules, scope, and a host of other pandora's box items.

I would hope that we could count on our union brothers from the other major airlines to walk with us whether it be informational picketing or a full on strike.

Well said, I know our MEC have showed up in a lot of the info picketing for other airlines, and hope they organize a showing for this one too.

Voting no and totally willing to picket...I think picketing in Milwaukee would have a profound impact on the merger mgmt so covets

Therein lies the problem as I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but since this sorry excuse for representation that we have (otherwise known as the BoD) has endorsed this POS TA with a ratification vote tally not coming until after the MEH meeting, I don't think we can picket at the meeting. All the leverage we HAD of shooting down this acquisition with our picketting antics is now gone - just what the company wanted. They have put us on ice until after they can install their members to the MEH BoD.

Everyone on here is preparing for this TA to fail, but what if it passes? There are a lot of pilots who will vote no and those are the guys who are always more vocal about their views on the TA. You will not here much from the guys who are going to vote yes and I think there might be enough of those guys at AirTan who will make it a close vote. I hate to say it, but if the TA does fail I do not think it will be by as big a margin as everyone thinks and there is a chance it will pass.

what would be funny would be to have Air Tran pilots picket the MEH shareholders meeting where Joe's "RJ Expansion buddies for MKE and MCI" are hoping to get elected.

Vote no on the TA. Vote no to Air Tran's BoD nominees!

Everyone on here is preparing for this TA to fail, but what if it passes? There are a lot of pilots who will vote no and those are the guys who are always more vocal about their views on the TA. You will not here much from the guys who are going to vote yes and I think there might be enough of those guys at AirTan who will make it a close vote. I hate to say it, but if the TA does fail I do not think it will be by as big a margin as everyone thinks and there is a chance it will pass.

The sad truth is that if you are correct we will have absolutely no leverage, either with our own BoD or with the Company. The TA failing by a small margin is almost as bad as it passing altogether!

The recall can wait till after the seniority integration. You don't want to have and empty union office in the middle of a seniority battle.
-9Capt...sorry to say I must disagree with you on this one.

Do you want the same worthless bunch who gave you this POS T/A also involved in a seniority battle?

We must impeach these fools now! We can not move forward until we get our own house in order. A new election won't take long. People are ready to serve. What better way to send a message than to vote this thing down AND get rid of those who sent it to us in the first place. I can't think of a better message to send to management...and doing this would even put a ribbon on it. It would also put all future BOD's on notice --- you screw up something big like this and you will be recalled. To not recall the current BOD indirectly validates their actions, does it not?

Do you want the same worthless bunch who gave you this POS T/A also involved in a seniority battle?

We must impeach these fools now! We can not move forward until we get our own house in order. A new election won't take long. People are ready to serve. What better way to send a message than to vote this thing down AND get rid of those who sent it to us in the first place. I can't think of a better message to send to management...and doing this would even put a ribbon on it. It would also put all future BOD's on notice --- you screw up something big like this and you will be recalled. To not recall the current BOD indirectly validates their actions, does it not?
I understand what you are saying. However, I think you have to start with the VOTE! A large turnout that shoots this TA down by 85%-90% sends a message to the union leadership. First, no confidence in the negotiating committee that let this pilot group down by accepting this TA. Second, the negotiating committee needs to be replaced period!

Remember, the BODs had to send this TA to the pilot group. They didn't come up with the TA, the NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE did! The BODs had to send this to the rank in file to have leverage over management. If this TA goes down by more than 80%, management can't come to the pilots with all the propaganda. If the BODs had rejected the TA, management would have filled our mailboxes with letters stating how our BODs let us down. BELIEVE me they would have sent every pilot those pay rates in the mail and some may have fallen for it and wondered why it was voted down, creating division among our pilot group. We wouldn't have seen for ourselves the horrible work rules that our negotiating committee agreed to. Seen this before at another airline. Bottom line because there is a TA only means just that, it is a TA. NOTHING has changed as long as guys VOTE IT DOWN. If that occurs, then the BODs would have done their fiduciary responsibility. We then fire the negotiating committee, and collectively let our leadership hear what we want and will not accept.

FELLOW AIRTRAN PILOTS, THE BALL IS IN OUR COURT! IF YOU HAVE A STRONG BELIEF IN WHY THIS TA SHOULD GO DOWN, CONTACT A FELLOW AIRTRAN PILOT AND TALK ABOUT THIS TA AND GET THEM ON BOARD WITH YOU! UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!!!!

Last edited:

I have to agree 100% with Don, . Do you want these fools representing us during a merger?!? When you look at the TA, the only people that it doesn't royally screw is the top few guys. How do you think your gonna do if your on the lower 80% of the list here? How about some more side letters making it so we have no ability so sue or grieve afterwards? Don't say they won't, because they've already done just that in the past.

I do agree that the first thing we need to do is vote it down at least 80/20 THEN have an immediate recall vote as well like he said. THey're trying to sell this POS before they open the polls. I wish they would just open it up with yes, no, and F*CK YOU! What's next, no membership ratification and they sign with just the BOD's approval? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

What's next, no membership ratification and they sign with just the BOD's approval? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Don't worry so much. It will be done by Wilson Polling, and you KNOW it will be a representation of the whole group, right? They'll poll at LEAST 200.

Ok, It Has Been Over Two Weeks Since A Ta! When Do The Polls Open So We Can Vote? Why Hasn't This Union Posted Location Dates And Times For Roadshows? No New Information As Of 1700, 4 June 2007 On The Union Web Page. This Is Embarrassing!

Latest resources

Back