• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could always go with ALPA so you can pay more dues and get even less results.
*snicker*

Actually, that may not be such a far-fetched idea.

IF this thing gets shot down and IF the Midwest merger goes forward, ALPA certainly won't be put on property anytime soon, as the NPA pilots will want to make sure a seniority integration wouldn't happen.

AFTER that integration is complete, if we're still in negotiations, you might see some more action if the company doesn't move to continue to negotiate in good faith.

ALPA's war coffer for strike funds is MUCH bigger than we could ever hope to match alone, and their resources are much more extensive as well.

I'm not pushing any such thing, just saying that if we get to that type of end-game, we might benefit from (I didn't say "need") deeper pockets...

Just a thought.

That sounds like something taken out of context. Everybody knows that isn't true . . . and it would be suicide for the Company to try to do something like that . . . . . talk about a guarantee to get the Teamsters or ALPA on the property!

That threat had been delivered during management's propaganda meetings (the re-education campaign in the CP's boardroom) and has been verified by others as having come out of MS's mouth, as well. It seems that very few in the NPA leadership have even a basic knowledge of the RLA. We couldn't get a release from the mediator if we took hostages at gunpoint.

I have heard from my homies in ALPA management that if the merger goes through, they're going to put a full court press on to get the AirTran pilots over to the dark side. At this point, I can't imagine how it could be any worse.

I think we'll keep our beloved NPA and make em fix it....

That threat had been delivered during management's propaganda meetings (the re-education campaign in the CP's boardroom) and has been verified by others as having come out of MS's mouth, as well. It seems that very few in the NPA leadership have even a basic knowledge of the RLA. We couldn't get a release from the mediator if we took hostages at gunpoint.

I have heard from my homies in ALPA management that if the merger goes through, they're going to put a full court press on to get the AirTran pilots over to the dark side. At this point, I can't imagine how it could be any worse.
That doesn't surprise me much that the NPA is "claiming" that. At this point I would APPRECIATE being immediately put on 30-day cooling off and able to engage in self-help in August, as it would be the financial equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face for the company.

Buy your passes in advance for your family vacations, everyone gets some time off with *some* pay for strike benefits right before the kids go back to school (and in the middle of the summer peak travel time = $$$ lost to AirTran), and come up a couple days each week for picketing and meetings to meet your strike obligations. Heck, you could vacation on the beach in Florida and drive in to do it at headquarters in MCO. ;)

Right now would be the perfect time as well, with SO many people p*ssed off to minimize the number of people who would cross the picket lines as well as trying to win over the MEH BOD... :rolleyes:

This is so stupid, I can't imagine how anyone would actually fall for that line.

Incidentally, right now would be suicide for us, as a pilot group, to bring ALPA into the mix.

I don't know about you, but DOH with Midwest doesn't sound very appetizing...

I agree... methinks staying separate, replacing the NC and asking AP to step down, sending them all back in with orders to STRICTLY follow the Wilson Polling and NOT ONE DIME LESS and waiting for something better is the game of the day.

I like the idea of in-house union. Let's just make it stronger like SWA and AMR.

Midwest won't be the last merger here.

ALPA's merger policy is NOT DOH, where are you getting this from? Did AAA and AWA get DOH? It is "career expectations", yet you keep equating ALPA to DOH. The MEH MEC wants DOH, but if the circumstances were reversed you'd be arguing the same thing. They're doing their job and arguing for the most for whom they represent (which is more than what the BoD is doing with this TA).

Call management on their empty threat. No "merger" protection, who cares we're merging with a company not even 20% the size of us!

ALPA's merger policy is NOT DOH, where are you getting this from?
I didn't say it was. I simply believe it would be a lot easier for MEH to push their agenda with both carriers being ALPA than with two separate unions with AirTran being the acquiring carrier.

Did AAA and AWA get DOH? It is "career expectations", yet you keep equating ALPA to DOH.
Yeah,,, sure,,, "career expectations" was what the AAA pilots got. :rolleyes:

AAA/AWA is a p*ss-poor example of ALPA merger policy, simply because ALPA was taken out of the loop when AAA made the idiotic decision to request binding arbitration.

The MEH MEC wants DOH, but if the circumstances were reversed you'd be arguing the same thing.
No, I wouldn't. Go back several years where we were having an integration discussion at my last regional when I was there and read my posts. I have always been a "career expectations" believer. The MEH MEC is smoking crack to believe for even a second that they'll get that, and is barking up much the same tree that the AAA MEC already got beat with like a red-headed step child, but I digress.

They're doing their job and arguing for the most for whom they represent (which is more than what the BoD is doing with this TA).
True. But the AAA MEC tried that approach and it got them nowhere but screwed in a very large way. Have to be very careful with that kind of hard-nosed approach...

Call management on their empty threat. No "merger" protection, who cares we're merging with a company not even 20% the size of us!
Gotta educate the pilot group on that very thing,,, That's also part of Section 1, along with Scope, and I just finished the last of that section and it's prepared to print; waiting for the other guys to chime in on R&I, Scheduling, and other stuff that's a big flag, put it all together, print a bunch of copies, and head down to ATL with it.

We have enough going on without trying to change unions. If people want it later on, then wait until we're not staring down the barrel of a gun (T.A.) One crisis at a time, please.

That sounds like something taken out of context. Everybody knows that isn't true . . . and it would be suicide for the Company to try to do something like that . . . . . talk about a guarantee to get the Teamsters or ALPA on the property!

I think the Company has already overplayed their hand on this one, but only time will tell what the end result will be.

Someone (NC Guy) told some people at the road show this morning that if we don't vote this in, then we don't have a contract at all and the company can do whatever they want. Flat out lie. I want a refund for my dues.

Reading through the scope time and time again there is the caviate that does not to include turboprops, the outside flying is limited to 20% of total ASM's (with half of that to 86 seaters).... Is not Lynx operating Q400's? Turboprop with >70 seats and very cost efficient. Not saying it will happen but we need to have anguage that protects us from all avenues of approach. Nothing with more than 50 seats unless an AirTran pilot is flying it. Boost the pay scale for anything smaller than the 717/737 and slide the scale (one to the right) for the 717/737 to offset dwell time penalties. Reserve section needs to be totally redone. Very confusing at best. Wish we could all get together and sit around a table and hash out each and every section over a marathon weekend to compare old/new contracts and provide direction for the new NC.....

Someone (NC Guy) told some people at the road show this morning that if we don't vote this in, then we don't have a contract at all and the company can do whatever they want. Flat out lie. I want a refund for my dues.

If this is actually the case it's no wonder the NC got their a$$es handed to them, they don't even understand RLA basics! I say recall everyone of them! I have absolutely no confidence that our union leadership has the ability or intestinal fortitude to see this through! Unbelievable!

Latest resources

Back