• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is absolutely true. I just spoke with a BOD member and he admitted that this thing is a turd. He told me to start recruiting now. We need people to be able to back up a no vote. E-MAIL THE SPC NOW.

Done. Now open up the voting so I can cast my big, fat, F!@# NO!!!!!!

How much better or worse do you think DP would have done instead of AP. I know everybody said AP all the way, Peck will send us the biggest POS known to man. If we all think AP TA sux how would DP have been. Things that make you go hummmm. Being company would it have been any better because looking at this it can't be much worse.

Actually had a FO who was leaning towards a yes vote. All I say is thank god for 1900 miles of straight and level SEA to ATL. FO voting NO now.

How much better or worse do you think DP would have done instead of AP. I know everybody said AP all the way

Voting in a management pilot would have weakened the pilot group's position even further . . . in any event, let's stay focused on the here and now.

Who are these senior Captains that are alleged "yes" voters? Paully Walnuts needs to have a little pep talk wit' 'em. ;)

Last edited:
How much better or worse do you think DP would have done instead of AP. I know everybody said AP all the way, Peck will send us the biggest POS known to man. If we all think AP TA sux how would DP have been. Things that make you go hummmm. Being company would it have been any better because looking at this it can't be much worse.

First, the question about DP is moot. He didn't win the election.

Second, how could it be worse than what we have now? Would he have brought us a concessionary TA with the full support of the Pres (and the BoD)......oh wait....nevermind!!!

Two years of extra dues down the drain. What an insult!

I've worked with these guys and I would never for one minute question their motives.

Then why are they pedaling this BS TA (out of the CPO)? MS told a group yesterday "the company will impose their own CBA following an impasse if the TA is rejected." Everybody knows this to be inaccurate & a scare tactic. Why would he be doing it if he did not have an underlying motive? If he is just regurgitating the Company's propaganda, then he (and the BOD) is as uninformed as he is a sell out. Do you really want someone like that representing you during a merger?

Last edited:
Then why are they pedaling this BS TA (out of the CPO)? MS told a group yesterday "the company will impose their own CBA following an impasse if the TA is rejected."

That sounds like something taken out of context. Everybody knows that isn't true . . . and it would be suicide for the Company to try to do something like that . . . . . talk about a guarantee to get the Teamsters or ALPA on the property!

I think the Company has already overplayed their hand on this one, but only time will tell what the end result will be.

Last edited:
It is time for the pilot group to show the management who really runs an airline. Leave ten early? Right. Push to roll the wheels? Right. Ten knot taxi. Two engine taxi. This TA has management winning everything they wanted. I would like to hear a simple answer on what the NC had negotiated for the pilot group.

Seen Goodfellas? FUPM!!!

This management team sure knows how to squander the goodwill of the pilot group. I think they will be surprised to find the amount of anger they have caused. They spent the last 5 years hiring guys from the top of the stack, who could have gone anywhere, but came here thinking that this management was going to work with the pilot group, (a la SWA) and instead now sees what we are dealing with.

It's going to be a very interesting 6 months. Hold on to your hats.

Then why are they pedaling this BS TA (out of the CPO)? MS told a group yesterday "the company will impose their own CBA following an impasse if the TA is rejected." Everybody knows this to be inaccurate & a scare tactic. Why would he be doing it if he did not have an underlying motive? If he is just regurgitating the Company's propaganda, then he (and the BOD) is as uninformed as he is a sell out. Do you really want someone like that representing you during a merger?
WOW, this guy has no clue about collective bargaining agreements if he made this statement. Airtran is not in Ch.11 and no one can impose a CBA on us just because they don't like the outcome of a vote. We have a right to evaluate the TA and vote accordingly. When this TA goes down, the union will have options. The first plan should be to throw out the negotiating committee and sit AP and the BODs down and make it clear what this pilot group wants. If they are not willing to represent the interest of this pilot group, then the pilot group should recall AP and the BODs! Folks there is no rush to get this TA done if it will make our QOL miserable during the next 6 years. I say six years because we all know that when the contract is amendable it will take a couple of years again to come up with a new TA. Again, we can do better we control our own destiny. Look at what NWA did today, they are replacing their DC-9 aircraft with CRJ-900 airplanes. Those aircraft will be flown by a regional carrier. FOLKS, we have got to protect scope, if we want to protect our careers! Stay unified and focus, its going to be a bumpy ride!

Latest resources

Back