• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5 out of 1000 is one-half of one percent. While one would hope there wouldn't be any, but that number is statistically insignificant.

So hypothetically, if an 717 CA can bid 737 CA, and gets the bid. Starts training in say Jan or Feb for a March vacancy. And then fails the upgrade, where does he go? He was never a FO per the CBA. The street? That's what happened to the FO's that failed a pretty easy training curriculum. What happens if the 717 guy struggles in the 300 sim? Could be interesting.

Training set up for a 'typed' pilot? You've got to be kidding. If you mildly pay attention you get thru the street FO program. CA program is a little different animal.

This thread is completely unrepresentative of life on the line at SWA or the unity of all work groups against a profit before people management team. The main gripe is the dysfunction of the flight ops department or more specifically the availability of aircraft vs daily flights and the impact that has on crew scheduling. Most people ask me if I'm excited about upgrading in January and I tell them in not senior enough to do that. Nor do I want to. This thread was a nice rehash of events though. Gee I lost seniority too in an airline merger. News at 11'.

And there will most likely be another purchase to go. Let's all keep our powder dry so we can bitch about that one too...

It's coming guys.

If there is a statistically large number of qualified pilots failing a training program, that's generally a problem with the program. The 737 is not that difficult to learn.

Didn't mean any hurt feelings just passing on info, you on the line yet Ty??

I had an ATL ATC guy on my jumpseat not too long ago. I didn't post his comments, because, well, because Ty is more suave and deboner than that. :laugh:

Nope, still here, but back on reserve for the first time in ten years . . . time to start making my way towards the door.

What happens if the 717 guy struggles in the 300 sim? Could be interesting.

I'd bet that 90% of the 717 capts that are senior enough to hold capt in the initial 144 bid likely have a few thousand hrs in the DC9 or 737-200. Prob not the first time they've sat left seat behind round dials.

Training set up for a 'typed' pilot? You've got to be kidding. If you mildly pay attention you get thru the street FO program. CA program is a little different animal.

Yeah, "pay attention" to that informative video on how to pack your suitcase, I hear they really hammer you about that during the oral.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back