• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you morons still arguing about the SLI? It's been three f'n years!

I realize all of that, and none of it matters. As soon as one of your idiot elected reps was allowed to publish an article in an official union publication stating that the lance program wasn't worth fighting for because it would only benefit AirTran pilots, SWAPA openly invited a DFR lawsuit.

Hypothetical: what is the harm to any AT now SWA pilot if SWA pilots vote to delete Lance?

Hint: Nothing.

No harm, no DFR.

The Reps statements mean nothing, they caused no harm.

Most SW posters just don't get it and never will. Many AAI pilots feel cheated because they expected better in an arbitration. Given that whatever positives there might be in this for them (if any) don't matter because they expected MUCH MUCH more. Its like getting a $100 Christmas bonus when you expected $1000. Couple that that with the inability to capture a foothold in the ATL which has led to a very very small domicile there and these guys will NEVER EVER be happy or unify. Many I speak to are so pissed they are willing to burn WN to the ground not for contractual gains but just out of spite. I expect a huge increase in AOGS and sick calls.

Call in sick more than a RSW'ester? Unlikely. You guys are the vanguard there, boss.

Tommy?

THIS ^^^ is what is important now. None of us can control what has happened nor did we really have any in the first place. Can we stop bitching and unite? We all will be under whatever new contract we vote in. Stop complaining about what we can't control and let's be the unified group that the company fears and isn't expecting. The feeling sorry for yourself bull******************** is tired.

Is that you?

Seats?

Where do I apply?

Prob wouldn't get selected anyways, I'm not RSW just a no-good tranny lotto-winner. Don't see myself really shouting from the bleachers for either side, like I said I'm just kinda wore out an tired of the whole mess, just wanna get done training, fly my trips and go home. I'm content to let wavey, red clown and darth vader spearhead the whole "shut em done" routine. Steve Chase and the rest of the SWAPA posse made it pretty clear how they felt, they got the seats and the seniority. A few posts up a guy was crowing about retiring at #60 instead of #30. Really? I went from 32% to 66%. Prob won't make Captain again. Forgive me If I don't wanna join the SWAPA cheerleaders.

Last time I checked you guys all got seniority and jobs at an airline where less than half your airplanes came over.

That is a lottery win. Make sure to tell me personally how bad you got f*cked. I'll be more than glad to pull out the list of "WINS" for your side. The most of which is not being shown the street.

As others said, I'm certain on line you'll be a good little foot soldier and enjoy your massive pay and QOL bump.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program of trying to make us all believe AAI was the "Holy Grail" of airline jobs.

Schedules

Speaking of enjoying the days off. That is about all you can enjoy being a senior line holder. Who builds these lines anyway around here? What a joke of a scheduling department. No wide range of hours in the packet. Everybody gets the same? Common man

Our schedules are $hit right now because we sold off 88 planes while absorbing the entirety of the AAI pilot list.

That's a gift from us my friend. You're welcome.

Pcl

I realize all of that, and none of it matters. As soon as one of your idiot elected reps was allowed to publish an article in an official union publication stating that the lance program wasn't worth fighting for because it would only benefit AirTran pilots, SWAPA openly invited a DFR lawsuit.

Then you best not come over here. swapa has a long history of reps making stupid comments in public and taking positions that are detrimental to the membership as a whole. Especially when it comes to PHX.

ALPA simply overplayed their hand. The first agreement was agreed to by their MC. Did anyone twist their arm in that deal? The MEC made the biggest blunder of all time. You get what you negotiate.

The MEC saw the writing on the wall for the 717 and made sure they had protection if they were gone. A lot of folks ignore that one.

Last time I checked you guys all got seniority and jobs at an airline where less than half your airplanes came over.

Seniority. A job. How magnanimous of you. It was what was required to comply with Federal law, as least in spirit if not in practice. It's pretty obvious the big play was to get rid of a competitor. Sorry you didn't get the opportunity to just line us up against the wall and shoot us instead.

That is a lottery win. Make sure to tell me personally how bad you got f*cked. I'll be more than glad to pull out the list of "WINS" for your side. The most of which is not being shown the street.

Yup, I won the friggin lotto. 34% seniority loss, loss of my seat, loss of my airplane, loss of my base. There is no pay raise for a line holding captain, it's a pay cut, at least that's what like 4-5 guys who have transitioned have told me as they're "livin the dream". Course, they are no-good Airtran scum lotto winners who are prob lying anyways. When one pilot group is absorbed by another do you really feel that they should be "shown the street?" That's pretty harsh, but I guess that's just your nature.

As others said, I'm certain on line you'll be a good little foot soldier and enjoy your massive pay and QOL bump.

I will be a good little foot soldier. I work hard, I like what I do, and If I get a pay raise, well woohoo, I'm all for it. I must admit the ability to change bases every month is appealing that way i can get into your base and bid to fly with you. Think of all the fun we can have!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program of trying to make us all believe AAI was the "Holy Grail" of airline jobs.

You can say what you want about Airtran, it was a good job, paid pretty good, and I liked it. I'm sorry to see it go. But SW is a good job too so I got that going for me. I hope whoever pissed in your wheaties doesn't do it again but hey, have a great day!

Latest resources

Back