AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clyde Frog

Starting in January it looks like my fellow ex-AirTran brothers will dominate the upgrades at SW for the first half of 2015, maybe longer. Good on them. After going through the most unfair seniority integration in history and getting pissed on for the last few years, having had their seniority stolen, having been lied to at every opportunity...at last...good news.

Way to go my senior brothers, I just wish more of you would've made the cut.

Off the medication again today Clyde Frog? Last time I checked those that went to arbitration (Mechanics and I believe dispatchers) got worse deals than what the airtran pilots got. So, even the arbitrators think you got a fair deal. With 30-40% raises for over half of your pilot group as soon as they come over, another 30% raise for all of your pilots since you were bought, then all of those airtran captain upgrades coming in 2015 that you are crowing about get another 35% raise.

You want to know what the SW pilots got? A year of all airtran captain upgrades, zero raises and a lot of very young people coming in above me on the seniority list that every year causes me to lose more relative seniority to the point when I retire I am now 33 percent more junior than before the acquisition. Yet you don't see me bitching on the board every day at the raw deal I got so why don't you STFU and deal with it like a man.

I am now 33 percent more junior than before the acquisition.

That is a mathematical impossibility. "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts"

There are numerous other factually incorrect statements in your diatribe as well, most of which involve percentages and upgrades.

Believe what you want, but if your side wasn't afraid of arbitration, the threats and ultimatums wouldn't have been necessary.

Clyde might be throwing bombs but he's right about one thing, I also think more AT pilots deserved to "make the cut"

There won't be a 'cut' if there aren't any vacancies. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.

Just shows what a tool CF is more than anything.

In January I will be changing my vacancy bid to reflect line holder in all bases but HOU and DAL unless post OCT flight frequency to a junior domicile is promising. Something to be said for getting first choice in monthly bid and summer vacation. Plenty of FAT guys senior to me though who will get a line as a Cappy after Jan.

There won't be a 'cut' if there aren't any vacancies. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.

Just shows what a tool CF is more than anything.

Red, he's just pointing a bright spot for FL guys. 3 years into this, the light at the end of the tunnel may finally not be a train. But, you are right, we better not count our handful of scrawny, featherless, mal-nourished chickens yet to be hatched, yet.

edited for content

Last edited:
Youse guys are def in your own little world
Soon I will be there too
Is it a nice place?
pixie dust, unicorns, burple coolaid...the big rock candy mountain

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back