• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok you do the math and see if I am wrong here. I was going to retire at number 33 on the list before the acquisition. I am now going to retire at number 84.

Taking into account that the combined airline is larger should allow the same percentage increase in the pilot list to go ahead of me to the tune of 9.9 on my retirement day I should be retiring at number 43.

Every year that I am here my relative seniority becomes worse due to airtran having a much younger pilot group.

You are right though I was wrong about the number I lost. It was over 50% of my seniority by the time I retire.

Different numbers, but ditto.

Last PC check air person said training not wowed by FAT pilots...gotta get thru upgrade and UOE with that bias??? I'd personally fly SWA FO for a while and get some of the AT stank off...hey but it's your license...

And the rest of the professional aviation world is not "wowed" by the RSW talent lately. Right?

Last PC check air person said training not wowed by FAT pilots...gotta get thru upgrade and UOE with that bias??? I'd personally fly SWA FO for a while and get some of the AT stank off...hey but it's your license...

Did they tell you that on your first try, MJ, or your second? Sounds like the kind of tale told to Dumbo so that he could fly, too.
. :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, there's been at least 5 Trannies that got fired while IN training. Couldn't make it through the FO program. Now 5 isn't a large number, but still a head scratcher.

There won't be a 'cut' if there aren't any vacancies. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.

Just shows what a tool CF is more than anything.

There was a memo that came out yesterday stating there will be 144 upgrades awarded for the March vacancy that all AirTran pilots will be able to bid for. I assume that was the reason CF started this thread. There will be many 717 captains that will transition captain to captain. This was also addressed in the AirTran version of the memo, it was left out of the SWA version of the memo.

Last edited:
Well, there's been at least 5 Trannies that got fired while IN training. Couldn't make it through the FO program. Now 5 isn't a large number, but still a head scratcher.

5 out of 1000 is one-half of one percent. While one would hope there wouldn't be any, but that number is statistically insignificant.

5 out of 1000 is one-half of one percent. While one would hope there wouldn't be any, that number is statistically insignificant.

Even you have to admit the WN initial is not set up for non-typed pilots. So really these guys were on their own from the start. So in reality, FL failure rate to date is less than 1%. Most training departments would be pretty ok with that percentage but WN's is not "wowed" by it as you say. What is the failure rate for typed guys hired thru the normal pool?

Latest resources

Back