AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And so will you....so?....
Are you now taking satisfaction in your own lesser contract?

Pretty much. How many times have I been told I'm a lotto winner, that I only have a contract because of SW, I should have been stapled, blah blah blah the list goes on.

I won the lotto, no sense in getting greedy. I'll fly my trips and go home.

Pretty much. How many times have I been told I'm a lotto winner, that I only have a contract because of SW, I should have been stapled, blah blah blah the list goes on.

I won the lotto, no sense in getting greedy. I'll fly my trips and go home.

Seriously?

Are you just another FI tough guy whiner, or are you really going to push your schtick in real life and take pleasure if we don't get the contract improvements we're seeking? I suspect the former, but if he latter is true, then you might want to apply for a position at the G.O.--I hear the COO is looking for a new buttboy to carry his water. Your rhetoric sounds like you'd be perfect for the job.

Bubba

Freightdog's opinion is not at all uncommon among the disenfranchised AirTran pilots, myself included. You can't piss all over a select group and expect any allegiance whatsoever.

Sorry, right or wrong, but that's the way it's going to be, and it's a direct result of the actions of SWAPA and management. To expect even a bit of locality at this point would be ridiculous.

Seriously?

Are you just another FI tough guy whiner, or are you really going to push your schtick in real life and take pleasure if we don't get the contract improvements we're seeking? I suspect the former, but if he latter is true, then you might want to apply for a position at the G.O.--I hear the COO is looking for a new buttboy to carry his water. Your rhetoric sounds like you'd be perfect for the job.

Bubba

Where do I apply?

Prob wouldn't get selected anyways, I'm not RSW just a no-good tranny lotto-winner. Don't see myself really shouting from the bleachers for either side, like I said I'm just kinda wore out an tired of the whole mess, just wanna get done training, fly my trips and go home. I'm content to let wavey, red clown and darth vader spearhead the whole "shut em done" routine. Steve Chase and the rest of the SWAPA posse made it pretty clear how they felt, they got the seats and the seniority. A few posts up a guy was crowing about retiring at #60 instead of #30. Really? I went from 32% to 66%. Prob won't make Captain again. Forgive me If I don't wanna join the SWAPA cheerleaders.

Last edited:
...I'm just kinda wore out an tired of the whole mess, just wanna get done training, fly my trips and go home. I'm content to let wavey, red clown and darth vader spearhead the whole "shut em done" routine. Steve Chase and the rest of the SWAPA posse made it pretty clear how they felt, they got the seats and the seniority...Forgive me If I don't wanna join the SWAPA cheerleaders.

Amen brother.

Phred

Yeah, "pay attention" to that informative video on how to pack your suitcase, I hear they really hammer you about that during the oral.

YHGTBSM, I've seen the cockpit of a 73 maybe 10 times in my life and they are wasting training time on showing me how to pack my bags? (Must be for the military guys.) Next you're going to tell me they spend a whole day on TCAS, and another day on radar, and another day on ground prox, oh, don't forget bidding, and filling out health care forms with the wife. It could be worse, I could be over seas in the military but since I'm not, wasting time away from the family without positive space home to visit at least once in 8 weeks is hard to get excited about.

:):):)
You guys would be miserable no matter. Blame the mirror, not us.

Said ad nauseum, so who cares at this point-
But I promise you- this career can and has "screwed" people in real terms, and not just subjective whiny b/tch terms.
I was supposed to be a millionaire legacy pilot, remember?
Thousands have been furloughed for most of 10 years, and you guys go to air tran, a small growing carrier, and expect never to be bought or no hard times to fall on you?
Grow up. Good thing I've been online and the VAST majority of air tran pilots are more than happy to be here and real cool. The problem is your expectations. You complain to me and I will be first in line to tell you that I got absolutely nothing out of this deal except diluted seniority. Argue that all you want, but it's true. And I'm over it. So if my junior FO group is over it, you guys can really sh^t the f^ck up about not being slotted in next to pilots who've flown here for a decade before your airline flew it's first flight.
Unrealistic a$$holes make up the air tran FI crowd.
You can poison your own well all you want...it's you it affects

Where do I apply?

Prob wouldn't get selected anyways, I'm not RSW just a no-good tranny lotto-winner. Don't see myself really shouting from the bleachers for either side, like I said I'm just kinda wore out an tired of the whole mess, just wanna get done training, fly my trips and go home. I'm content to let wavey, red clown and darth vader spearhead the whole "shut em done" routine. Steve Chase and the rest of the SWAPA posse made it pretty clear how they felt, they got the seats and the seniority. A few posts up a guy was crowing about retiring at #60 instead of #30. Really? I went from 32% to 66%. Prob won't make Captain again. Forgive me If I don't wanna join the SWAPA cheerleaders.

A change from 32% down to 66%?

I wish I could claim the opposite gain of 66% up to 32%! But unfortunately nobody can. You got bought by a carrier FIVE times your size. To think you would keep something close to relative seniority is not based in reality. Sorry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back