AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, there you go.

That's a great plan you got there, Clyde: act like a petulant child for the rest of your career, regardless of how it affects you and your bottom line. How old are you again?

Bubba

Well, it was said many times, and quoted to us many times by you guys- It ain't about the money

What makes you think I'm still at AirTran? Maybe I already crossed over and took my bad attitude with me?

I wish you could too. But you did gain something. All SW pilots did. And as much as wavey likes to claim he got nuttin outta this deal, he did. More seniority, plain and simple. I keep hearing on here that "GK's not done yet" on acquiring another carrier. I doubt the next group's gonna want to sit down and eat pizza after watching the way this went down. My .02 cents anyways

FD,

I gained LESS than 2% global seniority which doesn't help me at all in my base, and I'm supposed to be sorry for you after you gained...

1. Stability.
2. Better pay.
3. Profit sharing.
4. and Bring your Longevity.

You won't find much sympathy on this side, not that you're looking for it. Just sayin'.

But you and Frog can keep on keepin' on at FI, but you'll get pretty much the same here as you will on the line.

And as SWA Bubba said, if you want to be pissed the rest of your career then have at it. That will equate to approximately .01% by the time the vote is cast. Most Trannies that have come over have been excited about the huge bump in pay and all the rest. I can understand about losing your seat and possibly having to commute, but in the end I didn't buy you. Neither did the guy in the left seat. Stay pissed if it makes you feel better.

It is what you make it......or not.

Cheers.

Last edited:
FD,

I gained LESS than 2% global seniority which doesn't help me at all in my base, and I'm supposed to be sorry for you after you gained...

1. Stability.
2. Better pay.
3. Profit sharing.
4. and Bring your Longevity.

You won't find much sympathy on this side, not that you're looking for it. Just sayin'.

But you and Frog can keep on keepin' on at FI, but you'll get pretty much the same here as you will on the line.

And as SWA Bubba said, if you want to be pissed the rest of your career then have at it. That will equate to approximately .01% by the time the vote is cast. Most Trannies that have come over have been excited about the huge bump in pay and all the rest. I can understand about losing your seat and possibly having to commute, but in the end I didn't buy you. Neither did the guy in the left seat. Stay pissed if it makes you feel better.

It is what you make it......or not.

Cheers.

Ha Ha dude I'm not looking for sympathy. Hell i'm not even complaining. I bear no grudges, no ill will, I have not hate whatsoever. I'm all for SW being the king of the hill, I buy stock every 2 weeks. SW is surely more stable than Airtran, but that "better pay as an WN F/O" has been pretty much debunked, at least for line-holding Captains. Profit Sharing is surely better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but me keeping my longevity as a benefit, really? I guess a few of the SWAPA meet an greets for the transition classes have been met with less than stellar attendance or so I've heard. It is what you make of it...or not

Hey, Clyde. Make sure you keep it up while in training. I'd like to see it at at least 6. Shouldn't be too tough for you to get the boot with your great attitude and maturity.

It's kind of ironic, but now SWAPA is fighting for several of their jobs back (I don't think the other ones could care less). It's kind of messy to fire somebody for not embracing the culture while creating an environment conducive to failure, which 99.5% so far have overcome grinning and bearing it. Cooperate and graduate, most of us have been doing it for decades. That smile is not "I'm happy to be here", I either just passed gas or I'm done and on my way home to see the wife and kids. My pay raise won't come until I'm a line holding captain, in the meantime, I'll enjoy the days off I want and getting the best vacation slots, that's the extent of my lottery winnings.

Speaking of enjoying the days off. That is about all you can enjoy being a senior line holder. Who builds these lines anyway around here? What a joke of a scheduling department. No wide range of hours in the packet. Everybody gets the same? Common man

It would be nice to see some commutable lines built. They would go to appreciative commuters, leaving more high-yielding lines for folks that live in base. Win-win is good.

Ha Ha dude I'm not looking for sympathy. Hell i'm not even complaining. I bear no grudges, no ill will, I have not hate whatsoever. I'm all for SW being the king of the hill, I buy stock every 2 weeks. SW is surely more stable than Airtran, but that "better pay as an WN F/O" has been pretty much debunked, at least for line-holding Captains. Profit Sharing is surely better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but me keeping my longevity as a benefit, really? I guess a few of the SWAPA meet an greets for the transition classes have been met with less than stellar attendance or so I've heard. It is what you make of it...or not

You say the increase in pay was debunked? By who? I can do simple math and it shows me that when an Airtran F.O. comes over they automatically get a 30% raise. That is over half of your pilots getting an instant raise. Now those poor souls that lost their seat all about 250 of them at this point will make close to what they did flying captain and have much better seniority at the same time. Now when those Airtran captains upgrade like 70% of them will be able to do once we hit Jan 1 2015 they will get an instant 35% increase in pay. The only ones on the Airtran list that will not recieve large pay raises when they come over are the 200 captains that will not be senior enough to hold SW Captain after Jan 2015. Mind you they are still making A LOT more than they were before they were bought.

So let me get this straight. You are complaining that around 200 pilots didn't get a huge raise when they come over to SW like the 800 FO's did and the 700 captains that will after Jan 2015?

Your right you should of screwed the 1,500 other pilots that will get large raises in the next year to save those poor 200 junior captains that will now make nearly as much as they did before and get Xmas, Thanksgiving, sons/daughters birthdays, summer vacations and have an increase of 7 more bases to chose from as senior FO's.

Remember how much of a raise the SW pilot got from your contact after you were bought? Remember all the benefits that your pilot group brought over with it to enhance the SW pilots careers? Me neither.

You say the increase in pay was debunked? By who? I can do simple math and it shows me that when an Airtran F.O. comes over they automatically get a 30% raise. That is over half of your pilots getting an instant raise. Now those poor souls that lost their seat all about 250 of them at this point will make close to what they did flying captain and have much better seniority at the same time. Now when those Airtran captains upgrade like 70% of them will be able to do once we hit Jan 1 2015 they will get an instant 35% increase in pay. The only ones on the Airtran list that will not recieve large pay raises when they come over are the 200 captains that will not be senior enough to hold SW Captain after Jan 2015. Mind you they are still making A LOT more than they were before they were bought.

So let me get this straight. You are complaining that around 200 pilots didn't get a huge raise when they come over to SW like the 800 FO's did and the 700 captains that will after Jan 2015?

Your right you should of screwed the 1,500 other pilots that will get large raises in the next year to save those poor 200 junior captains that will now make nearly as much as they did before and get Xmas, Thanksgiving, sons/daughters birthdays, summer vacations and have an increase of 7 more bases to chose from as senior FO's.

Remember how much of a raise the SW pilot got from your contact after you were bought? Remember all the benefits that your pilot group brought over with it to enhance the SW pilots careers? Me neither.

Yes dear, you are right, once again. (Vacant smile, as I stare out the window)

Latest resources

Back