• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
captain kiwi. are you saying that date of hire gives them more seniority. one of their guys said it results in a loss of some percentage. now i am confused more. and when you say a loss of all their seniority do you mean they should be stapled. is that still legal after american/twa

AIP caused me to go from 27% to 60% relative seniority. 33% loss.
DOH would cause me to go from 27% to 50% relative seniority. 23% loss.

In contrast TWA guy went from 20% to 80% - 60% loss.

There laws have been passed since to make sure that will never happen again.

What SWAPA offered us was only 27% better than the staple TWA guys got.

Last edited:
SWA should buy Comair next week... DOH for all three airlines... That will change AAIs perspective and give them a similar kick in the teeth the SWA guys are getting... Seniority is forever, right? Laugh!

captain kiwi. are you saying that date of hire gives them more seniority. one of their guys said it results in a loss of some percentage. now i am confused more. and when you say a loss of all their seniority do you mean they should be stapled. is that still legal after american/twa

In a nutshell, there is a huge difference between a career at AT and a career at SW.

A look at the number of folks who've bailed from AT, to start at the bottom at SW and other places (a bunch), vs. The number of SW folks that have done the same (none) says it all.

Not to mention the several hundred active apps that SW had on file from AT folks on 9/27/10.

so what happens now. if both sides cant agree does the FAA decide? good luck with a government agency. if it can be screwed up im sure they will.

Maybe we should all step out of our respective shoes and look down at this from a different view. I am a Southwest pilot. I expect my union to fight for all the Southwest pilots and try to earn us the best possible integrated seniority list that they can get. If I were an Air Tran pilot, I would expect ALPA to do their best to do the same. This isn't personal...It is a business transaction that none of us had a say in. Now, we deal with it. When this is all done, I hope that my currently great airline remains that way and doesn't turn into a raging dumpster fire because all the work groups are pissed at each other. Bob and Gary created this mess and not the line pilot. Now, it seems very likely that we are headed towards allowing three judges to decide our future fates. That sucks plain and simple for both sides. None of us like to ride in the back, but it is what it is. If we remember who caused this mess when all is said and done, hopefully we will all be able to put this behind us an enjoy the rest of our long careers together.

Hopefully presented respectfully!

Maybe we should all step out of our respective shoes and look down at this from a different view. I am a Southwest pilot. I expect my union to fight for all the Southwest pilots and try to earn us the best possible integrated seniority list that they can get. If I were an Air Tran pilot, I would expect ALPA to do their best to do the same. This isn't personal...It is a business transaction that none of us had a say in. Now, we deal with it. When this is all done, I hope that my currently great airline remains that way and doesn't turn into a raging dumpster fire because all the work groups are pissed at each other. Bob and Gary created this mess and not the line pilot. Now, it seems very likely that we are headed towards allowing three judges to decide our future fates. That sucks plain and simple for both sides. None of us like to ride in the back, but it is what it is. If we remember who caused this mess when all is said and done, hopefully we will all be able to put this behind us an enjoy the rest of our long careers together.

Hopefully presented respectfully!

Well said!

Latest resources

Back