• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you said "you tried to tell them" did you include that Gary has no problem being deceitful? If he said it would go to arbitration if a deal wasn't reached in the beginning and than changed his tune, he lied. It's really that simple.
You can't blame the MEC for trying to play the game the way the rules were spelled out to them.

I didn't vote for it, so I'll "cry" about it all I want, thanks. And you seem to be missing the point here: we were lied to and mislead by management during the voting process.

Lied to and mislead by management? Say it ain't so. You fell for it? How do you know when management is lying? When their lips are moving...

When you said "you tried to tell them" did you include that Gary has no problem being deceitful? If he said it would go to arbitration if a deal wasn't reached in the beginning and than changed his tune, he lied. It's really that simple.
You can't blame the MEC for trying to play the game the way the rules were spelled out to them.

Dan,

The biggest problems here is that people are forgetting....

1- The AIRTRAN Negotiating Committee came up with this deal to begin with!

2- Why was there such a disconnect with the Airtran MEC to vote it down? (a horrible decision, they decided to run out the clock instead of sticking to the timeline)

This is what the AAI NC came up with. They thought it had merit.

Well, I'll give you this, it's never as simple as any of us think. Mergers are complicated, emotional nightmares. I'm just hoping I never go through one!

Dan,

The biggest problems here is that people are forgetting....

1- The AIRTRAN Negotiating Committee came up with this deal to begin with!

2- Why was there such a disconnect with the Airtran MEC to vote it down? (a horrible decision, they decided to run out the clock instead of sticking to the timeline)

This is what the AAI NC came up with. They thought it had merit.

Do you believe the ******************** you are spewing? There wasn't any negotiations. There was take it or find another job. Your livelihood was not on the line. Ours was.

I believe there were at least 3 months of negotiation between the two NC's. Am I wrong?

I'm not debating what happened later, but there was plenty of meetings before Gary ever got involved.

The Process Agreement took way to long to hash out. Remember, "our lawyers are looking at it". It should/could have been done quickly which would have left much more time to negotiate the serious issues of the SLI. By the time it got down to the nitty gritty, time was running out and GK saw where this was headed. He was never going to let the fate of the pilots go to an arbitrator. You felt rushed and backed into a corner because there was no time left to continue lengthy negotiations after SL 9 went down. Could things have gone smoother? Probably, but my guess is that we would have ended up pretty close to where we are now. SWA pilots would never have voted in SL 9, so we would have been back at the table anyway. What would SL 10 look like if SWA voted it down? dunno. Bottom line is people on both sides are po'ed. That is the nature of negotiations. Hopefully we can all find some peace with where ever we end up and this company can continue to make money for all our sakes.

To be honest, we told them on here time and time again that you don't want to rattle the cage at the Southwest GO. Pretty much every AAI pilot on here, including PCL and Lear told us we were full of sh*t.

Yep, told them the b*tch slap was coming. They didn't believe it.

Latest resources

Back