• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree with Lear 70. This scope thing is ridiculous. Back in the day when we had dc-9s the flight attendants were negotiating a contract and they removed to rows of seats in the back of the airplane to get from 106 seats to down to just 100. This is the kind of crap this place will always pull. I will vote no on anything that allows an outside organization to fly anything bigger than 50 seats. And the rumor about this average day crap, give me a break. Sounds like skipper has negotiated another crap contract. I'll fly under the old contract until I retire before I let some kid in 70 seat rj take my job.

Good Luck AirTran pilots!!! I hope you have been able to look closely at the legacies and see how management has been able to circumvent their scope clauses. Hopfefully you have been able to speak with the respective airlines and their unions. Management can get VERY creative with SCOPE.

Best Wishes,

AAflyer

THATs G D right. Plus that younger generation pilot is now screwed as he flies his RJ for next to nothing with no hope of moving up to bigger equipment unless he quits and starts all over again at the bottom with bottom pay when need to stop this silly and dumb cycle.

I totally agree with Lear 70. This scope thing is ridiculous. Back in the day when we had dc-9s the flight attendants were negotiating a contract and they removed to rows of seats in the back of the airplane to get from 106 seats to down to just 100. This is the kind of crap this place will always pull. I will vote no on anything that allows an outside organization to fly anything bigger than 50 seats. And the rumor about this average day crap, give me a break. Sounds like skipper has negotiated another crap contract. I'll fly under the old contract until I retire before I let some kid in 70 seat rj take my job.

Again I will have to read it first, but based on our current scope "...express carriers cannot include aircraft with a capacity greater than 70 passenger seats..."

So if they wanted to change 70 to 100 and failed we're still protected from aircraft over 70 seats providing the rest of language is still the same. Also current scope prohibits reconfiguring any DC9, 737 or A320 (smallest narrow-body at the time of last contract) to meet the 70 seat requirement. New EMBs need to be added to that list.

Aslo current scope cancels all flying by other carriers regardless of size if an AirTran pilot is on furlough. Hope that is still there.

I'm gonna read this thing very very closely. I have no problem voting it down if it starts to look like they are putting up a smoke screen to get this thing through.

"Firm, Focused, Fear" is all I want.

Last edited:
Just please do the rest of us a favor and dont accept what is sounding like a consessionary contract while your company is paying 400 million for Midwest.

Again I will have to read it first, but based on our current scope "...express carriers cannot include aircraft with a capacity greater than 70 passenger seats..."

So if they wanted to change 70 to 100 and failed we're still protected from aircraft over 70 seats providing the rest of language is still the same. Also current scope prohibits reconfiguring any DC9, 737 or A320 (smallest narrow-body at the time of last contract) to meet the 70 seat requirement. New EMBs need to be added to that list.

Aslo current scope cancels all flying by other carriers regardless of size if an AirTran pilot is on furlough. Hope that is still there.

I'm gonna read this thing very very closely. I have no problem voting it down if it starts to look like they are putting up a smoke screen to get this thing through.

"Firm, Focused, Fear" is all I want.

I agree! Need to be at least as strong as what we currently have. Keep the flying in house. We all can see what has been done to the legacy flying.

yeah....yeah !!! lets strike over it !!! yeah right.....pleeeeez .....whatever......read it closely....no 4 hr average !!

Someone made an excellent post, just keep anything over 50 seats "in house". Negotiate a payscale that's competive and go with it. This is exactly what the Northwest pilots should have done, but they bent over and crapped out Compass.

Don't do it guys. There's no reason to. Fly it under the same company. It could be your entry level A/C.

Good luck.

Expect this turd to be given the prompt burial it deserves. We're looking for improvements across the board, period.

If it is as bad as early indications seem, the unexpected consequence might be Teamsters or ALPA getting on the property.

A couple of things:

Never agree on an average day vs. a minimum day. You will work more days for that one. Have your negotiating cmte. call APA and ask them what they think of the average day.

Why is it that pilots think we have to be paid less when we fly smaller planes? Do the flight attendants make less? Do the mechanics? Does the ground crew?

NO real dog in this fight but I think scope, scope, scope. If any of us turn a blind side to this issue we will live to regret it. Jetblue, USair are flying 90 seaters, why couldn't AAI? If history teaches us anything, chances are they will at some point.

Secondly, Airtran is a very succesful carrier with lots of future potential still ahead of it. Why then, could the pilots and its employees not get compensated as such? Happy well compensated employees equal stable very successful companies. Just my humble observation... Good luck guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back