• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Captain leaves for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a fairly senior check airman who left AirTran for Delta. He wanted to fly international but I think he is on reserve on the MD-88. Super nice guy, I guess we all have different reasons for staying or leaving. I guess I will never understand the French.......

Last edited:
Best Career Decision in Your Life!!!!
Had a buddy in a recent new hire class give me the lowdown on this info.

Apparently, four Airtran guys turned down the March 16th new hire class but one didn't. He said that when his class met Gary Kelly, Gary specifically asked where the former Airtran pilot was. The former Airtran guy sheepishly raised his hand and Gary marched over, shook his hand and said by joining this new hire class, you made one of the best career decisions of your life if not the best decision in your life!

If that above is actually true, it might be the DUMBEST decision since the SWA Captains who left SWA for UAL pre-9-11. This ex-Airtran Capt may be on the bottom of the combined list, not ahead of any AT guys in the new list. Wow, what a dum-bass.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There was a fairly senior check airman who left AirTran for Delta. He wanted to fly international but I think he is on reserve on the MD-88. Super nice guy, I guess we all have different reasons for staying or leaving. I guess I will never understand the French.......

We have a bid coming up and I am sure the guy could bid INTL 767 anytime he wants. There are also multiple bases that could give him a better shot at it. INTL flying honestly is a different world (litterally of course) compared to domestic flying. Planes have to be fixed (ETOPS), great meals, better hotels (for security reasons), and one leg a day worth a couple days on the domestic side. Eventually that ex Airtran guy will get there. And, eventually the pay will be back too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I doubt it's true . . :rolleyes:

Since you guys love "anecdotal evidence", here's one for you- we have pilots who were offered class dates at both airlines, and chose AirTran.

One of them posts here sometimes, perhaps he'll chime in. I'm sure they shook his hand at AAI and told him the same thing.

Well "he" is a big dumbass.

Must have been for the money. No. Maybe the security. No. Maybe the career expectations. No.

I give up.

Gup

Latest resources

Back