• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Captain leaves for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hillary Clinton is more likely to be on our seniority list than any AirTran pilot getting relative. Lets get real here.

I'd be shocked if an AirTran Captain was in a recent class but he would still get a pay raise, but I never thought an AirTran negotiator would be on the April interview list either.

You have an integrity problem. You also appear to have difficulty with simple math. :D

I haven't heard of any Captain leaving here to go to another airline in several years, and I haven't heard of a senior guy leaving since Frenchy went to Delta . . . . the rest of his family lives in France, and so it made sense for him. I saw him a couple of years ago in "E" Concourse, and he was happy with his decision. Great guy, btw.

It has happened recently.

There was a fairly senior check airman who left AirTran for Delta. He wanted to fly international but I think he is on reserve on the MD-88. Super nice guy, I guess we all have different reasons for staying or leaving. I guess I will never understand the French.......

I find this hard to believe, considering one of the most JUNIOR seats at Delta right now is the ER at JFK.

So- get to trashing each other later- but a real question here:

How does this scenario relate to the snapshot?

I never have understood how they handled those types of conflicts-
Ie: the USAIR furlough who got on at AWA- or the UAL furlough who was able to defer after getting on at continental-

Do you keep both scenarios? Does someone ask you what you want? Is it a foregone conclusion that this air tran capt won't get slotted into his old slot.

And btw- individuals make their OWN decisions- maybe air tran is the job he got but he's from the west coast and doesn't want to risk this deal going south vs commuting for the rest of the time this SLI takes or forever-

I've seen people make some decisions bc they have to- Dad's sick- got to be closer-
Who knows? As far as SLIs go- it's about trends-

New hire jumpseater confirmed this. I believe he was an 8 year aai captain. The reason I heard was qol, so maybe he's a commuter from west us. Who knows.

So he did this only after he made Captain and 8 years of service, to "realize" his QOL was better somewhere else ? thats what everyone I know does, promote to Captain then leave to start over

and of course a "new hire" would have the full scoop on this little story too, wouldn't he.

BS flag just got raised higher.

Last edited:
and of course a "new hire" would have the full scoop on this little story too, wouldn't he. BS flag just got raised higher.

Maybe the "new hire" guy had the full scoop because he was in the training center at the same time...just a thought. FWIW, I have not heard a name but I did hear a class# and Gary did speak to that class.

Maybe the "new hire" guy had the full scoop because he was in the training center at the same time...just a thought. FWIW, I have not heard a name but I did hear a class# and Gary did speak to that class.

true, who knows. Apparently nobody on here does.

on to other things like going to Home depot....

later

Just saying you know a class # does not mean that gives you any credibility. I know a lot of numbers. So give up the class # so this can be proven. Oh yeah I see --hard to come up with some fake class numbers just as MILf could not come up with fake initials.

Why would you come on here and make statements that you can not or do not want to back bc of some personal issues?

Latest resources

Back