Airtran Captain leaves for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MILF Hunter

This has been rumored for a couple of weeks. This thread from a private swa pilot section of another forum seems to add an 'interesting' twist.

Best Career Decision in Your Life!!!!
Had a buddy in a recent new hire class give me the lowdown on this info.

Apparently, four Airtran guys turned down the March 16th new hire class but one didn't. He said that when his class met Gary Kelly, Gary specifically asked where the former Airtran pilot was. The former Airtran guy sheepishly raised his hand and Gary marched over, shook his hand and said by joining this new hire class, you made one of the best career decisions of your life if not the best decision in your life!

When I went through recurrent at the beginning of March, I had dinner with two guys from the same new-hire class as the Trannie. They said exactly what was posted. FWIW.

I really don't know how true this is but I would hate to gamble too much with Gary knowing SWA's tradition of taking care of its people.

This has been rumored for a couple of weeks. This thread from a private swa pilot section of another forum seems to add an 'interesting' twist.

I really don't know how true this is but I would hate to gamble too much with Gary knowing SWA's tradition of taking care of its people.
March 16, 2010 maybe.....But you would be the chump of the month to take the march 2011 class. Sure I'll give up 10 years seniority...riggghhhhtttt.

Please tell me this story isn't what you guys have as leverage in the upcoming SLI negotiations/arbitration. If so OUCH someone is in trouble and it isn't AAI boys.

please explain how this is bad news for SWA guys and gals. I think it is good news but not sure.."lucy you have some splaining to do"

March 16, 2010 maybe.....But you would be the chump of the month to take the march 2011 class. Sure I'll give up 10 years seniority...riggghhhhtttt.

Please tell me this story isn't what you guys have as leverage in the upcoming SLI negotiations/arbitration. If so OUCH someone is in trouble and it isn't AAI boys.

I doubt it's true . . :rolleyes:

Since you guys love "anecdotal evidence", here's one for you- we have pilots who were offered class dates at both airlines, and chose AirTran.

One of them posts here sometimes, perhaps he'll chime in. I'm sure they shook his hand at AAI and told him the same thing.

Last edited:
Hey MILF Hunter,

Why don't you find his initials for us ? This story should be very easy to verify.

If he's senior to me I'd like to add my congratulations .........

Hey MILF Hunter,

Why don't you find his initials for us ? This story should be very easy to verify.

If he's senior to me I'd like to add my congratulations .........

Might be hard to come up with fake initials. What a bunch o bull and for him to say it came from the private SWA pilot board. Oh Lord-- is MILF then new Baghdad Bob?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back