• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran BOD pulls TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty little RJ's with 50 seats have already been proven money pits, The only thing that makes them cost effective is that guys and gals who are still just trying to build time and will accept Walmart cashier wages are willing to fly them.

While you're flying your shiny RJ around, maybe you should do a little research on what constitutes a "major" airline.

The funny part is that your TA was trying to outsource all your flying to shiny little RJs. Pretty swooft!

Sounds like a "major" smart move!

-sunshine and flowers all around!
-HUGS

Err, no it was'nt. But then your capicity to comprehend appears very limited.

The funny part is that your TA was trying to outsource all your flying to shiny little RJs. Pretty swooft!
No, but 20-25% of our fleet outsourced to RJ's (which is what you would have discovered if you'd actually READ the T.A. or the rebuttal) doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy either.

Incidentally, a 100-seat jet isn't an R.J. It's a small DC-9 (airTran was flying 95-seat 9's around several years ago - it's an equivalent airframe).

Sounds like a "major" smart move!
Sophomoric... but nice try. ;)

Bidding

I'm sure this has been covered before but however this pos gets rewritten theres a nasty little line in section 5 that needs to go. Chapter 5 section L line number 5 reads like this "A line will be awarded to pilots according to their seniority unless restricted by FAR"
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I read that to mean if the line you bid and can hold has a 30/7 conflict at the begining of the month(integration) then you wont be awarded that line but rather the next line that has no conflict.

That's EXACTLY what it means.

You should have seen the look on Dave Asche's face when he read that and re-wread that with Skipper sitting across the table and they both looked at each other like "Oh sh*t,,, how could we have missed that?"

They don't like to talk about it at the road shows... which, by the way, are now canceled until further notice pending new negotiations week after next.

This would solve the company's monthly integration problems for them (well, at least 90% of them). You want line #1? Sorry, that gives you a 30/7 conflict, you don't get your first choice, let's look at #2,,, oh,,, sorry, that leaves you with a 1 in 7 day off requirement, can't have that either. Ohhh, here's this lovely CDO line that has no conflicts. Enjoy your standups, Captain! :)

Not to mention NEVER being able to time out. I did that one year, was grueling but having a full month off was nice. Won't do it again but some people would like to. Not with this T.A., you'd automatically end up on a CDO or Reserve line for Christmas and New Year's.

Good catch, most people missed that one - including me. Had a CA point it out to me.

p.s. For those of you who don't have MS Word, the link at the bottom of my posts has the 2-page bulletpoints on what's wrong with this thing as well as a 40-page long document referencing section by section what's wrong in detail, both now in PDF format instead of MS Word. Happy reading!

Good news, just heard from a "very reliable source" (snicker) that John Schroll and Dave Sabby have thrown their hat in the ring as replacement candidates. They have already identified a full time labor attorney to negotiate and will have two paralegals there during negotiations to head off Kolski's misdirection plays as he attempts to water down the new CBA with statements like "well our intent was..." They also have plans to change the dues structure so it is based off of base pay only. No additional punishment via higher union dues, for working extra. A bunch of other really good stuff as well. We need to get AP, SH, CK, DA and HH recalled quickly so they cannot strike a(nother?) backdoor deal with the company on a TA on July 10. I hate to go down this road as I have served with a union in a previous life. I fully realize how thankless the job is. My previous experiences have also helped me to realize just how abominable if not criminal a job AP and this negotiating commitee have done. I can only surmise it is either abject incompetence or outright deceit and corruption. I'm not sure of which one to believe but both are absolutely unacceptable going forward. Please spread the word about Schroll and Sabby. I'm guessing if anyone has concerns about voting for a recall, this should abate their fears.

Good catch, most people missed that one - including me. Had a CA point it out to me.

I wish I could take credit for it but I didnt find it, capt I just finished flying with did. Its just another example of just how useless our NC is and why they need to go before July 10th. This is only one line and the potential impact is huge. How many other one liners are hiding in this thing? Has anyone considered taking the current contract and the pay rates from the TA and puting that to a vote. I know thats overly simple and there is some language that needs to be cleaned up but it would sure as hell be better than what AP and the gang just tried to sell us.

I want Best Pilot to negotiate for us. I don't think mgmt can speak that language therfore we could always win the "intent" argument :)

I aintz gotzta skillz ta beee up in all dat. Cept likes maybee ifn I wuz ta likez bringz da brewskies, an likez me an ole Koolski couldz like swill a few coldies but goodies, kinda like ta git hiz mind right an stuff ya dig?

Waht we gotz heere iz a failyure to cummuniicate!!!!

Da Trannies an da mannies needz to show da luv! An like show dat luvvin on paper an stuff!

AWWWWW YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get this recall thing going. I've got the forms printed off and am ready to start. I think it's important to get these signatures before these guys meet on the 10th, or we may end up with a backdoored (not sure if thats a word, but hey) TA.

Latest resources

Back