• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran BOD pulls TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Panpan..... What was said at the conference call??? I couldn't listen since I had to deal with an issue at home..

I no longer have confidence in the ability of these guys to represent the interests of the NPA membership.
I think allowing them to go back to the table with the Company is a waste of time and is a last ditch effort by them to save face. They will not be there to represent our interests - only to represent themselves.
Agreed.

I also agree that we need to put forth a unified front to the company and the NMB; however, I don't believe AP and the NC necessarily ARE the unified front we want to put forth, as they still believe in the *majority* of the T.A. How can we explain our concerns to the Company and the NMB if the people representing it are up there saying, "We don't know WHY it's being so negatively received, we think it's good! It must just be those few "bad apples" stirring up the rest of the pilot group..."

None of the BOD has stepped forth and publicly decried this T.A. as being in conflict with the wishes of the majority of the pilot group. Therefore, as much as I was previously loathe to recall the ENTIRE BOD at one time, the time for it may be quickly approaching.

If the NPA BOD and NC doesn't express our concerns accurately and adequately or if we cannot find a way to reach the NMB directly with our concerns, we may have to take more direct action.

Otherwise, it looks as if they will attempt to "bandaid" the problem sections and bring it to vote in a watered-down yet still-concessionary form.

Let me start by saying that I think this TA is pile of...., and I have lost a lot of confidence in the BOD and AP.

My question is for the guys who posted here between 19:00 and 20:30.

Did you participate in the conference call, or did you spend your time bitching on FlightInfo? Don't get me wrong, if you have spoken with me you have gotten an earful of how crappy this thing is. I've been drumming up every no vote I can (which really isn't that hard when guys read the language). But what the heck are you doing here, rather than actually participating in the debate where it really matters? The TA is going back to the table. AP and the negotiators are the ones who really need to know what your concerns are.

Ditto....and....Amen!

Pan pan, I thought the call didn't happen.

I dialed in at 6:55, 7:05, and 7:15 and kept getting "invalid bridge number".

Can you post the specifics?

"Mediator, Mike Tosi"

If this is the same Tosi that was at US Airways run don't walk away from him. He would sell his mother into prostitution if he thought it would make him look like the big man on campus. He is simply an egocentric a$$.

Look I don't want to get in the middle of your business at Air Tran. But I must comment on your statement about Mike Tosi.

I am a Continental pilot and I spent three to four days a week (2001) for four months in the CAL and CALEXP Newark crew rooms with two USAIRWAYS pilots Mike Tosi and Gerry McGuckin educating our pilots on the merits of approving the proposed IACP/ALPA merger.

I can say without reservation these two pilots are extremely talented and some of the most unselfish pilots I have ever met. They had absolutely no dog in the fight and had no reason to be there other than they truly believed in ALPA and that ALPA was the best for the Continental pilots. They certainly could have been spending their time over at Airways dealing with the proposed UAL/USAIRWAYS merger.

Mike Tosi is the finest representative I have ever met (at the time PHL CA REP) and I wish we could have reps at CAL half as good as him. I have never seen anyone so unselfishly work on his constituents behalf. Your comments are totally unwarranted and completely false!

Last edited:
I agree with everyone.... Its time to show a real backbone with the NPA.. Time to recal the BOD.. Unless they make the Cpt pay a 12 year scale with $183/hr top pay, FO pay about $5-10/hr more than the TA (ie, industry average), brake release for the start of pay, 4hr day minimum, no concession on the scope, fix the reserve system, .25 cents perdeim (or equivelant), 2% into our B-Fund (not a matching)....... Well, then Im not voting for it..... This is getting rediculous now.... AP has failed the pilot group and needs to be recalled.... He just doesn't get it.. How can he even call this TA even somewhat good??? And BTW... Im so sick of the excuse that FO pay sucks because by year 4 your gonna be a capt... Do you really think i'm gonna go sit reserve in the left seat with the TA'd reserve policy?? Its time AP pulls his head out... He just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper..

They actually started the conference call around 10 minutes after 7. AP basically explained the July 10-12 meeting with the company and the mediator. Then questions were taken.

Now AirTran pilots please hear this: If you want to get your concerns in about this TA, this is the time to email in your concerns to AP and the BOD. Whatever your concerns please make your voice heard. Do not sit by and think someone is going to do it for you. Send the BOD and AP what problems you have with this TA and what ideas you may have to fix it. If you really care about your career and your future, now is the time to be heard! The NC will meet with the company on July 10th. They will express our concerns and what our interest are. So send your emails, or write letters. Get something in writing and let your voice be heard. Just don't call someone and be upset, put it on paper and send it to the BOD and AP.

I agree with everyone.... Its time to show a real backbone with the NPA.. Time to recal the BOD.. Unless they make the Cpt pay a 12 year scale with $183/hr top pay, FO pay about $5-10/hr more than the TA (ie, industry average), brake release for the start of pay, 4hr day minimum, no concession on the scope, fix the reserve system, .25 cents perdeim (or equivelant), 2% into our B-Fund (not a matching)....... Well, then Im not voting for it..... This is getting rediculous now.... AP has failed the pilot group and needs to be recalled.... He just doesn't get it.. How can he even call this TA even somewhat good??? And BTW... Im so sick of the excuse that FO pay sucks because by year 4 your gonna be a capt... Do you really think i'm gonna go sit reserve in the left seat with the TA'd reserve policy?? Its time AP pulls his head out... He just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper..

Please send these concerns directly to AP and the negotiating committee. They got an ear full tonight on section 5 and scope. We need to write in our concerns and make them fix it. GUYS PLEASE write your concerns in so they can know in writing!

Latest resources

Back