AirTran BOD pulls TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labatt

Looks like the rumors are true. Per AP's email and hotline message they met with the mediator and decided to pull the TA before they opened the vote. I was hoping this thing would go down in flames 90% or better. I'm sure they are going to try to fix a couple of sore spots and get a 51% pass. Confernce call at 1900 tonight. NPA website for details.

With the Midwest deal around the corner and now this, it should be an interesting summer.

NPA President Update
June 21, 2007

Since the Tentative Agreement was reached we have held numerous road shows and conference calls. These meetings have provided considerable information about the Tentative Agreement. In these presentations and discussions, we learned as much from the pilots that participated as we conveyed. Many pilots used these meetings, and other communications, to express their concerns and their dissatisfaction with certain aspects of the TA.

The National Mediation Board is also aware of the line pilot reaction to the TA. Our Mediator, Mike Tosi, called the end of last week to discuss the situation and to see if the NMB could assist. As a result, there have been discussions between the Mediator, the NPA, and the Company about returning to the bargaining table and attempting to clarify and/or address the concerns expressed by the pilot group. Mediator Tosi has called both parties to meet in Washington, D.C. on July 10-12 to discuss the situation and try to address and resolve our collective concerns.

The NPA Board has fully discussed and considered all possible options including whether or not to continue the ratification process without further discussion with the Company and the NMB. However, given the now nearly certain merger with Midwest and the negative ramifications of going through that merger without a new contract, the Board concluded that every possible effort should be exhausted before opening the balloting. After lengthy discussions, the NPA Board decided that it would temporarily postpone the ratification vote, put a hold on further road shows for the time being, and comply with the Mediators request to meet with the NPA Negotiating Committee and the Company at the NMB offices in Washington D.C.

As we prepare for these meetings it is important that we dial down the rhetoric and put internal politics on the back burner. We need to remain strong, focused and unified on achieving the best possible Agreement with the Company that protects the interests of all pilots.

"Mediator, Mike Tosi"

If this is the same Tosi that was at US Airways run don't walk away from him. He would sell his mother into
prostitution if he thought it would make him look like the big man on campus. He is simply an egocentric a$$.

I no longer have confidence in the ability of these guys to represent the interests of the NPA membership.
I think allowing them to go back to the table with the Company is a waste of time and is a last ditch effort by them to save face. They will not be there to represent our interests - only to represent themselves.

Let me start by saying that I think this TA is pile of...., and I have lost a lot of confidence in the BOD and AP.

My question is for the guys who posted here between 19:00 and 20:30.

Did you participate in the conference call, or did you spend your time bitching on FlightInfo? Don't get me wrong, if you have spoken with me you have gotten an earful of how crappy this thing is. I've been drumming up every no vote I can (which really isn't that hard when guys read the language). But what the heck are you doing here, rather than actually participating in the debate where it really matters? The TA is going back to the table. AP and the negotiators are the ones who really need to know what your concerns are.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back