• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran BOD pulls TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70, where do you guys stand on your recall of the BoD and NC? Seems like sooner would be better than later given the July meetings that are scheduled. Would make sense to send folks up there that deliver the word of the majority.

Hey lear just sent if off. We really need you to get in there and start working for us. You are light years a head of the people running our union.

Lear70, where do you guys stand on your recall of the BoD and NC? Seems like sooner would be better than later given the July meetings that are scheduled. Would make sense to send folks up there that deliver the word of the majority.
Recall effort begins tomorrow.

I'll have the form up on my website in the link below my posts in a few minutes. Have to upload it and a modified web page.

These cannot be emailed, they MUST be faxed. DO NOT send them tonight, there's a time deadline in it so they can go out any time after tomorrow morning. They MUST contain your original signature, date, and printed name and employee number in your own handwriting.

Copies go to the mail or fax address listed on the form so we can keep track of when we reach the required 15% to trigger a vote.

RTL, thanks again for the Kudos. I'll be happy to serve in whatever capacity they see fit to put me in. Won't, in all likelihood, be running for NPA Pres (I'm sure more qualified guys who are just as determined will step up), but would certainly be open to the NC or M&A committees.

Naw...let the guys that didn't listen to our group fix it...not good to start over with new folks....my humble opinion....lots of learning and too much ground to lose..? Company would like nothing better !....

Everyone was down on the NC not too long ago for being too abrasive..and a certain negotiator 'moved on'...now everyone wants blood and to start over...? WTFO ? Where was the unified front then?....

AP is a good guy and a regular pilot...no self bravado...He is learning and growing..he has done much to make our union more organized. He has improved communication leaps and bounds....be careful what you stir up....

EV

Naw...let the guys that didn't listen to our group fix it...not good to start over with new folks....my humble opinion....lots of learning and too much ground to lose..? Company would like nothing better !....

Everyone was down on the NC not too long ago for being too abrasive..and a certain negotiator 'moved on'...now everyone wants blood and to start over...? WTFO ? Where was the unified front then?....

AP is a good guy and a regular pilot...no self bravado...He is learning and growing..he has done much to make our union more organized. He has improved communication leaps and bounds....be careful what you stir up....

EV

mnboyve,

The COMPANY wants this contract, any contract. THEY do not want to start over, THEY want it over and done with today before the merger. If we walked in with a full new NC and said OK let's start from scratch -THEY would sheet all over themselves.

WE have the upper hand - time is on our side. I for one will wait a little longer for a GOOD contract, like I said, time is on OUR side.

Actually, I think the company would be very UN-pleasantly surprised with who they'd end up with.

There's a LOT of VERY experienced talent in our pilot ranks right now. Besides the obvious people who have worked for the NPA previously (and very productively I might add - some of the same people that brought you the last "improved" 2nd T.A. are still around), you have a whole core of Year 2-4 F/O's who were everything from Status Reps to negotiators to union chairs and vice-chairs before they came here.

Yes, we should have had a unified front then, but we didn't.

Now everyone wants blood because THIS NC brought us absolute CRAP. Can you blame them?

EV
Yes, he's been an excellent ADMINISTRATOR; that's not what we need now. We need a LEADER who will push, and push hard to get what we need and deserve without pushing TOO much and getting something that the company can't financially handle long-term (which would be a LONG way from where we are now).

Rest assured, whoever goes into office isn't going to have as steep of a learning curve as you might imagine. More than likely the company would end up with not only an EXPERIENCED group of people across the table, but a very dedicated and aggressive group as well.

Just sent mine in.

Lear - Thank you very much for the work you've done thus far...it is greatly appreciated.

Sorry EV...just don't trust those guys to get the job done. They are too far out of touch with the group. Time to move on.

I also want to wish you guys good luck, pulling a TA before a vote is no easy task, someone is paying attention to the pilot group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back