• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air midwest crashes into hangar @ CLT??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say this in defense of the media: they are asking the same questions that their clients, John Q. Public, who doesn't know squat about aviation, are probably asking.

But jeez, what questions!

"Is there any similarity between this crash and the American Airlines Airbus in New York right after September Eleventh? Was this a full throttle impact? Was the crew in communication with the F.A.A. control tower at all?"

I remember an NTSB administrator/investigator--I don't remember his name--who used to berate reporters for asking stupid questions. He even threatened to discontinue press briefings once. I wish we had more people like him.

[sigh]

Ladies and gentlemen, we lost two of our number today.

I wish them good luck. May the remainder of their journey by happy, and may they find wisdom those of us left behind can only dream of.

AAflyer said:
If I could entertain you guys to visit CNN's website and send an email about what a jacka$$ miles is maybe they would evetually listen. I did.
They don't care. They're going to tell you the same thing Rush Limbaugh used to tell people: "thanks for watching!"

My heart and prayers...

My heart and prayers are with those on board this USAir commuter flight, and their family and friends.

Absolutely tragic. Fox now reports loud crashing sounds coming from the plane before it crashed. It rolled left into that hangar. Possibly a door problem, me thinks...

We don't get ratings

AWACoff said:

Why can't the media find an "expert" that knows what they are talking about?

The simple reason is because those of us that know what's going on and understand how an NTSB investigation is carried out are experienced and smart enough not to speculate. Speculation sells, unfortunately the limited amount of facts available at this point are not captivating enough for the networks to increase their ratings. They want all the answers "yesterday". So they just go out and find someone that will make wild, incorrect speculation and will tell them what they want to hear.

For the ultimate in un-informed, misguided, and self-proclaimed "aviation experts", take a look at Mary Schiavo aka Scary Mary. The networks bring her in all the time when something like this happens and she is nothing but a stupid alarmist trying to make herself look good. She thinks that her "credentials" as former IG of the DOT make her all-knowing but she usually has no idea what she's talking about.

that aircraft wil fly just fine with the door open. It has happened before on a 1900C.

Also it will climb over 1000 FPM with the gear down and an engine windmilling.

I stand corrected. I always believed that the airstair door would not withstand the air-loads.

From the CNN website:

Mile Obrien is "An instrument-rated pilot with several hundred hours of flight time in a dozen types of aircraft, "

I'm surprised he even got that far!

I just sent an e-mail to CNN's Mr. O'Brien via [email protected].

According to landings.com's pilot certificate database, he holds a Private Pilot Certificate. Assuming that Miles Matthew O'Brien residing in Atlanta, GA is him.

I would encourange all to write him...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back