Air midwest crashes into hangar @ CLT??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350-

I turned on the TV this morning and listened to Paula and Bill on CNN, they tried really hard for about an hour not to speculate and just give the facts (I was kinda impressed), then Miles comes on talking about doors and runways and Gross weights, blah, blah,blah.

Oh MAN!! know he is saying they may have had the urge to pull up, I think I am going to puke..

AAflyer

miles

i thought miles said that he prefered rear (cabin) entry. he needs to just stick to his old V-bone and not worry about any back door action around airplanes.

Hello:

And we all know what will happen with this story: front page in most newspapers, the lead story on all the national news agencies (probably blaming pilots, their lack of experience, and the small plane)but when the whole industry did not have a fatality, that was buried on page 12 with little more than a blurb, next to the story of a cat getting saved by a fireman from a tree.

Sickens me and all the wonderful professionals out there who make this industry the SAFEST in the world.

My thoughts go out to all involved!!!

D

Friggin Media.... O'Brien, what a buffoon.

Does anyone know the names of the crew? Have a friend of mine in the right seat at Midwest; he called on Monday from DFW after a trip. Was going to commute yesterday to the east coast to pick up another. He doesn't have a cell phone and I have no way of getting a hold of him short of email.... would appreciate any insight... just to put my mind at rest.

My condolences to those lost.

Actually,
If Air Midwest is anything like Lakes, they were operating that 1900 under parts of 135. Duty times, flight times, etc. 121 airlines can do that with aircraft under 31 seats. The lack of accurate reporting overall though is appalling. It would be hilarious under different circumstances. Why can't the media find an "expert" that knows what they are talking about? One of the guys on the FNC said there are "weights under the wheels" and that is how they know whether the aircrafts' "check and balance" is good. Even a private pilot knows what WEIGHT AND BALANCE is.

AWACoff wrote "Why can't the media find an "expert" that knows what they are talking about? "
-------------------------------------------

AWACoff, They can. The problem is that most "experts" won't speculate and therefor are boring. T.V stations don't like boring, so they get Miles O'Brian to spew crap. Make's me sick. -Bean

If I could entertain you guys to visit CNN's website and send an email about what a jacka$$ miles is maybe they would evetually listen. I did.

There, I did my aviation good deed for the day.

AAflyer

Don Henley said it best:

'We got the bubble headed bleached blond,
comes on at five,
she can tell you 'bout the plane crash,
with a gleam in her eye.
It's interesting when people die,
give us dirty laundry..."

Standard media behavior. Pathetic.

John Wylie, "Aviation Expert" began his interview with "well, I don't have a lot of experience with turbo props." Then maybe don't talk to the media??

He said the first thing the pilots needed to do if they lost an engine on take off is to "shut that engine down." (How about fly, fly, fly V2, 400 ft AGL, V2+5, flaps up, accelerate best single engine climb speed, 1000AGL, ok, now get the checklist out, blah, blah, blah.) And he wasn't sure if there is a auto-feather system installed. "I guess" "maybe" is all he is saying.

All they have to do is ask a commuter captain.

God bless all those people. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back