Air midwest crashes into hangar @ CLT??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

This post is mostly to "Surfnole", "Ultrarunner", and other pilots wondering about the qualifications of the pilots.

I tried really hard to get hired by airlines that flew 1900s, and even 135 operators that flew much smaller planes. I couldn't get an interview with Skyway, or Mesa, for example.

If these places with smaller aircraft had offered me a job when I was looking before, I would've gladly flown the 1900, or a 310, or whatever.

Previous to one of these small twins, the largest aircraft I would've flown had a MTOW of about 340,000 lbs.

The pilots may have "moved up" to a 1900, and they may have relatively fewer hours than other pilots, but that has nothing to do with how well they flew the 1900 according to the standards demanded by Mesa.

Even though I've flown bigger aircraft than a 1900, I realize that they may've been better pilots than me. I'm glad I wasn't at the controls of their aircraft that day.

Safe flying to you.

Cliff
GRB

I was in GSP the other day waiting to depart. We had light maintenance and were waiting to have it fixed. One of the ground crew came over and told us on the day of the crash a CLT ramp supervisor called GSP ops and told them to be careful when they open the cargo compartment of that 1900 (meaning that it was very full if not over loaded). I'm sure the NTSB knows this information but I thought I would share it.

The Express ramp people in DCA, PHL, CLT seem to hire the worst of the worst in my opinion. I get sick of working with people who barely speak English and don't give a crap about our safety. I can go on for hours about this subject but I won't

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back