Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God Bless them....

Ill say this I hate Airbus, but they were smart enough and required by certification to have a back up. An AirTransat A330 ran out of gas and dead sticked it into the Azores I believe. It has a RAT and gives them basic controls and instruments.

God Bless the families......

You'll have to excuse me and my sense of humor. You see, I was born to a set of Vulcan parents and don't understand this silly fragility called human emotion. Very peculiar and paradoxial on my home planet.

This isn't something to joke about and the fact that you do makes you look like an idiot with zero class.

Would you be quite as jovial if a member of your own family were on board?

Have some respect for the individuals and families involved. If you don't have that respect, just say nothing.

Last edited:
God Bless them....

Ill say this I hate Airbus, but they were smart enough and required by certification to have a back up. An AirTransat A330 ran out of gas and dead sticked it into the Azores I believe. It has a RAT and gives them basic controls and instruments.

God Bless the families......

You are assuming the RAT works. What happens if a lighting strike causes a bus failure? I don't know as I have never flown a Airbus but it would seem at least plausible that a lighting strike could have caused several electrical buses to fail. Whatever the cause very unfortunate.

Airplane missing, last known position over the Atlantic; down somewhere, God knows where, by now. The fate of almost 300 humans unknown, but looking bleaker with each passing hour. Probably a lot of empty seats at dinner tables tonight; lots of widows, orphans and bereaved parents whose lives are forever altered and some of you actually try to turn it into a RJ/GIA pissing contest.

Screw you.

No sh*t. This shows precisely why no one takes our "fatigue", "pay" and "employment" issues. Because this industry is made up or retards that call them selves professionals that don't have the common courtesy to show respect the the dead and their families. You all deserve to make $16,000/yr! Losers.
God bless those peoples families. And may those passengers rest in peace.

as far as I know the rat is hardwired directly to flight control units and basic instruments. I think it is the same system that is on the CRJ. But your right.....It could possibly not work. I know there is a pin that mx can put on them when they are doing electrical work. It comes out with quite a hard force......Who knows what happened??? It sounds like the thing may be MILES under water.....no black box....This will be hard to figure out.

Hey Keyboard Cowboy, mind explaining yourself?

Pretty self-explanatory, I thought, although probably not to someone who named himself after a stillborn German push-pull, but I digress.

Latest resources

Back