• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That private pilot just said controllers can see lightning on their radars.

gkrangers said:
Fox News is interviewing someone who just got there Private pilot license, asking for their "professional" opinion.

I had to laugh when he said "Now my experience is in much smaller aircraft, you know, four seaters, and it's a miracle that an aircraft could fly in the first place due to it's size, much less fly through such a storm!"

The interviewer ended with "that was Mr....an aviation expert from Toronto."

What a hoot!!!

2000Flyer

Now on FNC the "expert" private pilot is saying how critical the ATC radar is. How funny. ATC is there to seperate TRAFFIC, not WX Einstein!!

2000flyer said:
I had to laugh when he said "Now my experience is in much smaller aircraft, you know, four seaters, and it's a miracle that the that aircraft could fly in the first place due to it's size, much less fly through such a storm!"

The interviewer ended with "that was Mr....an aviation expert from Toronto."

What a hoot!!!

2000Flyer

Well, everything is relative!

gkrangers said:
Fox News is interviewing someone who just got there Private pilot license, asking for their "professional" opinion.

Wow, that is just amazing.

Not

Yes the media does a bad job of reporting on aviation. But what do you expect from non-aviation people? How well could most of you report on stastical analysis or bio-engineering? Yes you are the experts. You do this for a living and should be well versed in aviation. But instead of whinning on this board and sending hate emails why don't you spend your energy saying a prayer for these poor people or at least wishing them the best of luck. A lot of people lost someone they love today. Somebody's kid is dead. Somebody's dad is gone. Somebody's mother is never coming home.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tired or hearing how much the regionals suck, how underpaid you are, and how much Wolf Blitzer sucks. Lots of people are sitting at home dying inside wondering if their loved one is alive. Give the bitching a rest.

DAS

Flechas said:
That guy is an idiot!!

"When the plane encounters windshear the pilot reduces the power because of the increase in headwind......."
Yea I caught that one too! Now I have to admit I've never been hit with windshear on final before, but nothing would help an airplane at REF speed better then getting hit with a 40 KT headwind increase, and pulling the power back!

I shall hold off speaking my opinion untill a true expert has something true to tell.

Any Lawyers out there????????????? Anyone?????????

www.LiveATC.net has the approach frequency for CYYZ archived. Check out the tail end of the 1530-1600 and the begining of the 1600-1630 tapes. Nothing too exciting, but it's interesting. They don't seem to have archives for the local frequency, but I'm sure that would be far more interesting.

Latest resources

Back