• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello all. Not having flown this type of plane, but having around 1100 total time, I am sure many of you know, that it is NOT ATC's fault this plane landed. You are taught from the start of your training, that you can decline a clearance or an approach if weather is that bad for you to make a landing. I am curious why this plane did infact continue an approach. Also, was this the only plane at the time coming in to land? We just don't know. Watching MSNBC, because I feel Robert Hager is a very knowledgable person when it comes to these situations. FOX doesn't have someone like Mr. Hager/.

Global TV is reporting "no fatalities." Hope they're right but would be shocked if everyone was that lucky. CA and FO have survived.

BoDEAN said:
Hello all. Not having flown this type of plane, but having around 1100 total time, I am sure many of you know, that it is NOT ATC's fault this plane landed. You are taught from the start of your training, that you can decline a clearance or an approach if weather is that bad for you to make a landing. I am curious why this plane did infact continue an approach. Also, was this the only plane at the time coming in to land? We just don't know. Watching MSNBC, because I feel Robert Hager is a very knowledgable person when it comes to these situations. FOX doesn't have someone like Mr. Hager/.

Maybe because the Capt thought it was OK............

GuinessGuy said:
A witness is claiming that he saw the aircraft struck by lighting on the rollout!!!!!!!!!

....although the view through the bottom of his bong may have distorted the light a little bit.

gkrangers said:
Fox News is interviewing someone who just got there Private pilot license, asking for their "professional" opinion.

I just heard this too - LMAO!

I swear, if I ever have a daughter, I'd rather her tell me that she wants to be a two dollar hooker than a journalist.

bigD said:
I just heard this too - LMAO!

I swear, if I ever have a daughter, I'd rather her tell me that she wants to be a two dollar hooker than a journalist.

LOL.... I agree.... what a bunch of idiots......

He told them that if there is a tailwind, that a wing can't fly.......

Latest resources

Back