Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BornAgainPagan said:
Leave it to the imbeciles to play into the hands of the media and knee jerk reactionary non-flying public to speculate and assign blame before the investigation is completed. Not to mention the imbeciles that are prejudiced based on nationality.:rolleyes:

Imbecile? You're tough behind a keyboard.

Non-flying public? I had your time 7 years ago.

Speculation? Okay, I'll "speculate" the weather was not conducive to landing.

Prejudice? Like it's a secret that the French carry an aura of self-superiority? Ha

Those 300+ folks were blessed in spite of the criminally flawed judgement

tool

Last edited:
hyper said:
Imbecile? You're tough behind a keyboard.

Non-flying public? I had your time 7 years ago.

Speculation? Okay, I'll "speculate" the weather was not conducive to landing.

Prejudice? Like it's a secret that the French carry an aura of self-superiority? Ha

Those 300+ folks were blessed in spite of the criminally flawed judgement

tool

If you were to work on your reading comprehension, you would have seen that I said you were playing into the hands of the non flying public, not referring to you as such. Such a fragile ego you have.

You have no idea what my flight time is...">" means greater than which means it could be 7000.1 or 18,000. You know what? It doesn't matter, as you have demonstrated that flight time has nothing to do with cognitive abilities.

Secondly, considering your idiotic assumptions and prejudice based on nationality.....yes, imbecile. It has nothing to do with perceived "toughness" behind a keyboard...just an observation based on your comments.

You did sign your post appropriately as "tool":D

Last edited:
So you can make a comment based on your observations, but no one else can?

Yes, you read that correctly, you are a tool.

Go back to your Xbox

hyper said:
So you can make a comment based on your observations, but no one else can?

Yes, you read that correctly, you are a tool.

Go back to your Xbox

Observations of an accident are just a tad more complicated than observations of an idiotic post on a message board. Or hasn't your vast experience educated you to that fact? Apparently not. Most experienced avaitors waits for the investigation before assigning blame, Only idiots make comments on the demeanor of an entire population.

I said you signed it "tool" and you said I read it correctly...you're a "tool" by your own confession.

Go back to my Xbox? Good idea! I rather enjoy Xbox games. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
hyper said:

of course we in the US have absolutely no "aura of self superiority"

My experience in landing large transport aircraft consists of sitting in the jumpseat one time while a KC-135R landed in a strong, gusty crosswind. That was a down right scary experience and helped me appreciate the skill involved in operating large airplanes.

Based on that vast experience, I am just wondering how big a factor engine ground clearance is in landing the A340 (I'm sure the KC-135R is the worst case). Is it possible that A340 might have dragged an engine pod due to a gusty crosswind?

Latest resources

Back