• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They've already started blaming the pilots, because you know when a plane crashes its always the pilots fault.

transpondersoff said:
The media on CNN is speculating as usual. It could be a microburst, get there itis (sic), landing in a tailwind. I am waiting for them to say terrorist. They are speculating windshear and discussing the simularities of the Delta Dallas crash.

Hey, its a slow news day. This is like sex for the media.

"The wings don't know how fast your going across the ground, they only know how fast your going thru the air."

Anyone catch that doozy of an explanation?

learflyer said:
i'd like to know what the wx was upon landing........
Heavy rain and much lightning.

they are also saying that witnesses reported seeing "steam or smoke" coming from the back of the a/c after landing................DUH!!! IT'S POORING DOWN RAIN!!!!!!!!!! Look behind a car sometime while it's driving in the rain! It really is a comic affair with the media when there's something up with aviation.

direct quote from foxnews:

"yes, the aircraft is an airbus A340-300 with 291 aboard which is, as i'm aware, more than the plane can carry"

how is that possible? are people standing in the aisles? i wonder if they get half-off their tieckets....

they're talking about a windshear maybe bringing it down or else forcing it off the runway. no news yet on fatalities but both pilots lived. maybe they'll be able to shed a lot of light on it.

cforst513 said:
direct quote from foxnews:

"yes, the aircraft is an airbus A340-300 with 291 aboard which is, as i'm aware, more than the plane can carry"

how is that possible? are people standing in the aisles? i wonder if they get half-off their tieckets....

A340-300 seats 295

I love the job and explinations of Wolf Blitzer and Miles Obrien. They are the true experts my friends.

Latest resources

Back