Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P-Dawg_QX said:
MSNBC is saying there are reports of survivors walking away from the crash. Good news.

That is indeed good news, the live feed does not look overly good but hopefully majority can walk away from this one even though it appears to be a rather large fire. May God bless all who were onboard.

Holy CRAP! I'm watching the live video on MSNBC.com and there was just an explosion. Probably a fuel tank igniting? It was a nice bright flash and a fireball, almost as big as the column of smoke. This is surreal.

It's also crazy seeing all the cars on the side of the road watching.

Jebus reporters say stupid crap. "The pilot and copilot are alive and being interviewed... we don't know if they have left the plane yet... but they are alive" this while pictures of a billowing smokey wreck is burning a hole in a ditch.

No dumba$$... they hauled the investigators into the flaming wreckage to have a conversation with the crew.

schmooze said:
The eerie thing about this, is that today is the anniversary of the 1985 Delta L-1011 crash in DFW. Close to the same scenario with the thunderstorms and windshear. Kind of ironic.
Wow...20 years to the day? That is kinda freaky.

20 years to the exact day that the Delta L-10 crashed due to windshear while trying to land at DFW.

The media on CNN is speculating as usual. It could be a microburst, get there itis (sic), landing in a tailwind. I am waiting for them to say terrorist. They are speculating windshear and discussing the simularities of the Delta Dallas crash.

Airbus A-340 four engine ac

seems that i also saw something today about an American MD80 in DFW that had a bunch of fire trucks around it. Smoke in the cockpit I think.

Latest resources

Back