Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From LiveATC, 1600-1630 time frame:
KLM 691 Heavy had to declare a minimum fuel emergency due to the airport closing...they went to Syracuse.

I'm just glad all passengers and crew are safe and alive

I thought that was just the most insightful comment that professional private pilot that they interviewed made when he remarked about wind shear "yeah...its when you have lots of winds....and clouds..." Anybody catch his name? He needs to be sent something.

This spokesman keeps talking about a "red alert". I've never heard of that in my 9000 hours, anybody else heard of that one?

A red alert is when the WX is too dangerous for airport workers to be on the ramp... Basically, it's when the ramp shuts down.

DAS at 10/250 said:
Yes the media does a bad job of reporting on aviation. But what do you expect from non-aviation people? How well could most of you report on stastical analysis or bio-engineering? Yes you are the experts. You do this for a living and should be well versed in aviation. But instead of whinning on this board and sending hate emails why don't you spend your energy saying a prayer for these poor people or at least wishing them the best of luck. A lot of people lost someone they love today. Somebody's kid is dead. Somebody's dad is gone. Somebody's mother is never coming home.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tired or hearing how much the regionals suck, how underpaid you are, and how much Wolf Blitzer sucks. Lots of people are sitting at home dying inside wondering if their loved one is alive. Give the bitching a rest.

DAS
true, but at the same time, we dont' find an 8th grade biology student to give their opinion on a paper concerning bio-engineering, either. they were just commenting on the fact that CNN called a kid in to do a man's job.

chperplt said:
A red alert is when the WX is too dangerous for airport workers to be on the ramp... Basically, it's when the ramp shuts down.

We call them "code red", and it's a function of lightning strikes within a certain distance of the airport. A code red does not mean that the airport is closed, and more often than not, during a C.R., normal flight operations continue......

" Injured survivors and crew members staggered along Canada's busiest highway Tuesday after an plane carrying 309 people skidded off the runway and burst into flames while trying to land during a fierce thunderstorm.

The co-pilot was among a series of passengers who flagged down passing motorists in the moments following the crash, said Peel police Sgt. Glyn Griffiths.

'We located the co-pilot on Highway 401'... "

Of the best news source on the net, non other than drudgereport.com

Newswires reporting all survived now- awesome.

Latest resources

Back