Air France A-340 down in YYZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAS at 10/250 said:
Yes the media does a bad job of reporting on aviation. But what do you expect from non-aviation people? How well could most of you report on stastical analysis or bio-engineering? Yes you are the experts. You do this for a living and should be well versed in aviation. But instead of whinning on this board and sending hate emails why don't you spend your energy saying a prayer for these poor people or at least wishing them the best of luck. A lot of people lost someone they love today. Somebody's kid is dead. Somebody's dad is gone. Somebody's mother is never coming home.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tired or hearing how much the regionals suck, how underpaid you are, and how much Wolf Blitzer sucks. Lots of people are sitting at home dying inside wondering if their loved one is alive. Give the bitching a rest.

DAS

I'd love nothing more than to hear about survivors, rather than some "professional" speculating about things he knows nothing about.......

MSNBC reporting EMS worker on scene says most pax got out before flames even started, all pax and crew exited a/c.

Oh i hope and pray that the people and crew are safe, but id much rather them explain such a situation and properly educate people that do not understand how a situation like this occurs rather then give information from a "professional" with no more time then myself.

All in all, i hope that the passengers are all ok and alive. That to me is the most important concern.

Glad they are reporting no deaths (as of yet, anyway). Pretty dramatic.
Why can't the news people call a retired airline pilot or something to get a person with REAL experience instead of some tard talking about stuff he knows nothing about. This only compounds the problem of the public being completely uninformed about aviation.

Fox news: Passenger stated aircraft accelrated after touchdown

hmm

CNN, FNC, and MSNBC all reporting that everyone survived, making this landing a good one, although not great.

YYZ app is ATC

He was on the ILS 24L

He was asked to reduce to 160kts

For an Air Canada Jazz jet.

After the Jazz jet is sent to the tower,

ATC asks AF358 to reduce to minimum speed

AF358 does so,

This spokesman keeps talking about a "red alert". I've never heard of that in my 9000 hours, anybody else heard of that one?

Latest resources

Back