• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It a good thing a few men though it was right to throw the King and his troops out of America in the 1770's.

Where in the Constitution does it say we have to provide welfare to dead beats, that we have to allow illigal aliens entry into our country, etc...

Last edited:
first off, who the hell are you? secondly, I was just responding to a childish comment. Feel free not to use this forum anymore if you can't handle other people not believing what you believe

This will be my last post in regards to your subject, BA. I am curious to know what I wrote that makes you think I don't believe the same thing you do. You are assuming quite a bit. Perhaps you should post in the Non-Aviation thread rather than the Majors thread. Or once again, in a political forum--which this is not intended to be. For responding to someone else's childish comment, you're not coming across as a convincing adult.

Who the hell am I? I'm the guy--along with thousands of others--that allows you the freedom to believe what you want. We facilitate the means by which you post it here, without fear of being murdered or jailed for saying it.

Pkober,

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to the guard and reserve. I was enlisted in the reserve for 3 years. (My Dad was not a SWA captain) When I was an airline pilot, I was a reservist for 2 years also.

I'm just kidding around about the scam artist thing. There are plenty of war heros in the guard and reserve. In fact, probably more than the active duty.

Carpe Per Diem

Again Bigal does not have the big picture. The Commies were after world domination. There was a Sino-Soviet block bent on this purpose. After WWII We elected to get out of the military business, the commies did not, and then came Korea, the US was forced to meet the commies. Thank goodness for the reserves. In 1960 the said they would bury us, they moved offensive missiles to Cuba, they overthrew gov'ts to install communist dictators. There was a cold war, it was prepared to go hot at any minute. The outcome of the Cold War has us live prosperous lives since WWII. The way we reacted through that period brought us this outcome, there is no guarantee if we had reacted in any other way the outcome would have been the same.

Yip, keep on educatin'.

Pkober,

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to the guard and reserve. I was enlisted in the reserve for 3 years. (My Dad was not a SWA captain) When I was an airline pilot, I was a reservist for 2 years also.

I'm just kidding around about the scam artist thing. There are plenty of war heros in the guard and reserve. In fact, probably more than the active duty.

Carpe Per Diem

None taken.

$83,000 + per month. Holy sh!t.

How many hours are flown (a/c + sim) during the year? Just curious how much that works out to per flight hour...

Just the year of pilot training costs over a million dollars. I know for a fact.

The military has to build a base. You have to have hangers, barracks, a dentists office, supply, security forces, etc. Then, you have to purchase a fleet of T-37s, T-6s, T-38s, T-1s, etc. A single T-1 (Beech Jet 400) costs about 4.5 million.

Next, you have to pay for maintenance, logisitics, fuel, etc. You have to train and equip hundreds of maintenance personnel and aircrews. If you assign 500 pilots to your pilot training base, your payroll is several million dollars. You have to buy a zillion pencils, overhead projectors, computers, etc.

When we say it costs a million bucks to train a military pilot, we are not just talking about the cost of books, jet fuel and flight suits. There is a lot of overhead at one of these operations.

When I was a T-38 student, they told us it cost the government about $10,000 per flight hour.

There is no 5 year "early out" for AF pilots. It's either 8 or 10 minimum dependng on your year group. Secondly, your don't "bid" whatever airplane you want. It's assigned in large on a merit system which takes into account your desires.

Either a really bad egg, or just urban legend.

There is no free lunch. :)

I am just stereotyping. Kind of like SWA F/U does

thanks dude, can someone take this knife out of my back!

Sorry to burst everyones bubble... The SWA/FO's DAD is a Construction Worker and his MOM is a Nurse.

The SWA/FO worked along side of his Father, for a masonry company before/during & after college. This is where he got his strong work ethic and muscles. The SWA/FO is one hansome fella. :D

Last edited:
All this time I thought you got your work ethic from working with me. I am disappointed.

Latest resources

Back