• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freedom was defended in Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf I. In the big picture to preserve your right to be almost anything you want to be, do what you want to do, and live under the constitution of the United States of America these battles were fought. To do that millions of citizens raised their right hands and “swore to defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic, so help me God”. 1,000’s lost their lives in these conflicts. We won the cold war, the Soviets quit, and the Korea and Vietnam were hot points in that long struggle. The Gulf I was to preserve our right to burn Jet A in airplanes and pursue our careers.

I guess unless they are shooting in your backyard they aren't defending you-Big Al. If you think you can find a better defense system somewhere else move there and send me a post card.

while I am thankful to the people who served, we really shouldn't be calling it "defending your freedom" especially with the big war going on right now...

Thank you Ms. Sarandon.
Sincerely,
Alec Baldwin
F.A.G.

No lie big enough, no failed logic too small in pursuit of liberalism

I guess unless they are shooting in your backyard they aren't defending you-Big Al. If you think you can find a better defense system somewhere else move there and send me a post card.

Hat's off to you Ben for your quiet restraint. All I can think of to tell them is, "KMAYWKAH's." Anyway, except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, war never solved a thing...

BTW, an education at the Air Force Academy costs the government about $250,000. Paying for a civilian college or a 737 type rating is chump change to Uncle Sam. A year of military pilot training costs well over a million dollars.

"Chump change" usless YOU have to pay for it yourself. You guys are hitting all the cherry spots that piss the SWA/FO off.

First off, respect is earned, I don't have to respect anyone. I make up my own mind. I don't care what club you're in.... There are a lot of Mil/Civ guys I respect. There are tons of Civ/Mil guys I admire. There are some I hate.

Don't cheapen my aviation experience cus, I didn't have uncle sam's blank check or get TDYed somewhere.

. To top it off, he then got 90% of his Type Rating paid for by the US taxpayer since he was a veteran. Seems to me that the taxpayer donated about about two million dollars to his endevor to become an airline pilot.

Academy grads are not eligible to have GI Bill pay any portion of the type rating. If you want to stir the pot, at least get your facts correct.

Not 100% true. If, and only if, you get an early out for reasons that benefit the government (not misconduct), academy grads get full GI Bill eligibility...but you have to pony up the lump-sum equivalent of the GI Bill monthly contributions when you get out.

Also as was mentioned, prior enlisted or post-active duty reserve service can qualify for the GI Bill.

Last edited:
"Chump change" usless YOU have to pay for it yourself. You guys are hitting all the cherry spots that piss the SWA/FO off.

First off, respect is earned, I don't have to respect anyone. I make up my own mind. I don't care what club you're in.... There are a lot of Mil/Civ guys I respect. There are tons of Civ/Mil guys I admire. There are some I hate.

Don't cheapen my aviation experience cus, I didn't have uncle sam's blank check or get TDYed somewhere.

Dude your a tool. If you have nothing to say....shut the F6ck up...We get it your superb civilian experience got you to SWA....good on you. but quit the mil bashing....it is getting old...your experience is like mine before I got into the military..... You look like an a$$. I would love to meet you. You are probably an AM'er...right....spot on. Get a life dude.

Latest resources

Back