Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is wrong with AMer's?

why ????

its quite simple. how are you defending freedom in the current situation in Iraq? This isn't WWII, that was the last time we literally defended freedom

Wow. Let's throw another log on the fire.
This is not Politics.com. Feel free not to use this forum anymore, friend.

I love people who talk about themselves in the third person like "the SWA F/U." What an ego.

Earlier on flight info, SWA F/U said that his Daddy was a captain at SWA and that he never would have gotten the job without him. Must be nice.

In a lot of ways, the military is like a parent. If you can't afford college, Uncle Sam will help you out. He will even pay for your flight training. But, you have to be sharp enough to qualify for the scholarships, flight training, etc. It is based on merit, not who your Daddy is.

SWA F/U, not everyone has a Daddy who is a captain at a major airline. Some of us have to give away several years of our lives to get flight training. If you had gone in the military, you could have learned some things - like how to work with other people or how to put service before self.

$83,000 + per month. Holy sh!t.

How many hours are flown (a/c + sim) during the year? Just curious how much that works out to per flight hour...

That's a number that is thrown out to represent all of the training a pilot goes through. It is from the start of OTS until being considered mission qualified. Some aircraft take longer than others.

So, back in the day I'm a Tweet instructor pilot. About 4 years later I get out and go to work at one of the "Big Three." (Pre 9/11) Anyway, one of my students is in the same class.

When I taught this guy how to fly the mighty T-37, he had about 40 hours in a Cessna 152. After pilot training, he became a C-5 co-pilot at an Air Guard unit. He was young and single, so he signed up for every trip that came down. He flew back and forth to the desert A LOT and upgraded to aircraft commander in about 1.5 years.

He kept this pace up for another couple of years and got about 1000 hours PIC in the C-5. Anyhow, he went from a 40 hour Cessna 152 pilot to an FO at a legacy airline in about 4 years total. He was about 26 when he got hired.

If you are going to slam someone, don't slam the academy guys. They go to the zoo for 4 years. Then have one year of flight school followed by 10 years of active duty. That is not exactly "scamming the system."

BTW, an education at the Air Force Academy costs the government about $250,000. Paying for a civilian college or a 737 type rating is chump change to Uncle Sam. A year of military pilot training costs well over a million dollars.

The guard and reserve guys are the real scam artists. Good on 'em!

I hope that's a bad joke. We just lost an ANG F-16 (OHANG) pilot in Iraq. I'm sure he wasn't trying to "scam" anyone. He's a hero in my opinion.

Wow. Let's throw another log on the fire.
This is not Politics.com. Feel free not to use this forum anymore, friend.

first off, who the hell are you? secondly, I was just responding to a childish comment. Feel free not to use this forum anymore if you can't handle other people not believing what you believe

Freedom was defended in Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf I. In the big picture to preserve your right to be almost anything you want to be, do what you want to do, and live under the constitution of the United States of America these battles were fought.

I'm sorry but none of these countries in no way shape or form threatened America and any "freedom" that either of us enjoy. Where in the Constitution does it say we are going to force people thousands of miles away to be democratic whether they like it or not and whether or not it is the best for their country?

Latest resources

Back