• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to AFROTC with the sole goal of serving the min time, honoring my committment, and going to Delta. KC-10s or C-141s would have suited me just fine at the time, thank you...

Instead--went to UPT--got FAR'd--went to the Gulf War as a Ground FAC, then flew F-15s for the next 15 years.

I don't care what you did--or what you plan was--if you served a day or 30 years...thanks for what you did. Some KC-135 guys were awfully nice to have around when I was crossing the cold north pacific, and those C-130 guys who flew us out of Iraq in 1991 were my favorite guys for a long, long time. I loved every minute of being a fighter pilot, but I'm not mad a the guy who ran to the airlines when his committment was done. Moreover, I'm not mad at the guy who took the bonus to LEAVE the AF.

Lots of ways to get there... Pick your mount and get off to the race.

Instructordude

I'd be carefull of what you post on here looking at your Bio looks like your flying for Go Jets? Yeah that's a real winner outfit to go work for. Why don't you share with all the real pilots on this board (which your not in that club) how much time you had and what your started out in pay at Go Jets.

I know your gonna say something like " I'm only here to build time so I can go to a major airline" Like SWA or FEDEX once you get your 1300 Jet PIC in a RJ which will make you a dime a dozen in the resume pool. Just know this that the guy/gal that's just started UPT is most likely gonna get the call to interview with the said above before your resume even crosses the recruiters desk. Which is probably why you have a negative attitude towards the brave men and women that serve in the military.

The Army Air Force Academy is pretty much an embarrasment. All I ever hear about the place is stuff like this or sex scandals.

What a dork! Probably a Riddle student who could not gain acceptance into a good college. Do you wear a flight suit when you fly your 152? I think I saw you on you tube under dork pilot wannabees!!!! $100 says you would love to be involved in a sex scandal but, girls run from you. Find a slow guy. Maybe a blind guy? One in your same state of girlessness! You girls can play dungeons and dragons after playing grab ass. Do not insult the people who have given you the freedom to post stupid s### on this site.

With the early out option from the Air Force, he was out in five years with his entire college and flight training paid for by the US taxpayer and the experience to get hired at a major.

Wait a sec, I thought it was a minimum 10 year commitment for a pilot slot. Early out option???

Last edited:
Maybe he was a little too much to deal with (b!tching about working too much, etc) which would get annoying. However, I would rather my taxes pay for someone's education that will actually some day be a productive member of society than the real losers that stay on welfare their entire life. Good for him for finding a way to not end up with $100K in student loans.

I've dealt with a lot of welfare losers, ahem, "recipients" and I would NEVER even use that word in the same sentence with "pilot" or "military". What an insult.

Last edited:
Nice post Cap'n. But to truly be insulting one must respect the views and opinions of the hurler. I can rather fairly surmise, after only one post, that I don't respect his ability to analyze, scrutinize, or otherwise offer a coherent view on anything.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt due to ignorance while simultaneously pitying his lack of wisdom. Surely he knows nothing of which he so graciously offers his opinion. That is pitiable.
Too bad that there isn't some sort of gnawing motivation to serve, in some capacity, the country in which you live. Heinlein had it right in Starship Troopers in my opinion.

. Heinlein .

Should be required reading at said military Academy(and other places). Instead they made us read LeGuinn.

Anyone who would go to the Zoo to be an airline pilot is not very smart. Anyone who would believe such a tale needs to understand irony and sarcasm.

The Hate Machine was a life altering experiance. It is like a jail you have to compete to get into. Many personality disorders are created there, but "welfare queen"?

Spare me.

While you would think that this guy would be saying what a wonderful country America is, for the month I flew with this piece of work, he did nothing but complain about how the Company is not paying him enough even though we are the highest paid pilots in the industry, that working 2.5 days per week was too much, and when we got an unscheduled airplane swap before our last leg, you would have thought they just took his first born.

Look in the mirror.

No one likes first year pay anywhere and I bet you baited this guy becuase you REALLY LIKE military guys. There are tons of Captains with consistently really bad attitudes, not just having a bad day as a newhire.

Let me guess you are a civilian only pilot that actually "paid" your dues.

Not only that, Academy guys don't get the GI Bill. So you are now identified as making stuff up. I wouldn't be surprised if you embellished most of this stupid story.

Working 2.5 days a week. You don't even work at SWA.

FLAME BAIT

Latest resources

Back