• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIN on Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody that goes to work for an aviation company expecting to see a dime from any profit sharing plan is an idiot.

Like the guys at Southwest when it was a start up, right? what a bunch of losers those guys were. :rolleyes:

on the other hand, depending on your definition of "expecting" you may have a point. I wouldn't take a loan out against a profit sharing check that i didnt have in my hand any more than I would leave a current aviation job for some other company that said they were going to get a big shiny plane one day and I might be able to fly it.

Last edited:
So....you are telling the world that you got several Profit-Sharing checks....yet you guys have never made a Profit? OK.....I'll step back and let this one simmer....LOLOLOL

I did receive several profit sharing checks in my first couple years here. If hazmat was here for 6 years as a pilot then he got several of them too. They were discontinued about the time Avantair became a publicly traded company. My guess is it had to do with the difference in the way that public companies are required to report the finances. I am betting the CEO has a plan. Watching the financials, I would say that it may not be long now. In the mean time, I get a check every pay day and am fortunate enough to not have to worry about a furlough, I fly a great aircraft, I enjoy the passengers and crew I fly with and most of the overnight locations.

As posted on another thread:

So Flame On BTSI, if thats what makes you happy.

btw, i didnt look up the dictionary term, i figure its on FlightInfo so it has to be right :laugh:

God, I really despise fueling BTDI. HR, you are not quite correct on the profit sharing in the beginning. There were annual bonuses of $3000 per year, but they were discontinued when the payscale was adjusted in '06. BTDI, 5th year FO pay is $48k. If you are going to slam us, at least use the correct data.

God, I really despise fueling BTDI. HR, you are not quite correct on the profit sharing in the beginning. There were annual bonuses of $3000 per year, but they were discontinued when the payscale was adjusted in '06. BTDI, 5th year FO pay is $48k. If you are going to slam us, at least use the correct data.

I got no paperwork from back then to prove it but I am pretty sure they were called Profit Sharing early on. The last check we recieved before we went public in 2006 was called a Pilot Bonus, I think that was because no other department but pilots got one.

I could be wrong, point is, there was a bonus and we are told there will be one again. I am good with that. Things keep getting better here and in this economy, I think we are the lucky ones.

OK...you 2 Avantair pilots are now disagreeing with each other on whether or not you get Profit-Sharing Checks. My work is done here....LOL.

OK...you 2 Avantair pilots are now disagreeing with each other on whether or not you get Profit-Sharing Checks. My work is done here....LOL.

Wow dude, you really are an A$$. I am guessing that CorpFlunkie, HangarRat and many others will not disagree to that.

Glad your work is done. Now go away.

Last edited:
Wow dude, you really are an A$$. I am guessing that CorpFlunkie, HangarRat and many others will not disagree to that.

Glad your work is done. Now go away.

What he said

^^sorry but BTDI, you really need to get a life instead of bashing your former company on here...i mean, really??? come on man! get a girlfriend/wife or something and let the people who have something to contribute on here contribute. it's really annoying to keep reading through your bitter past job posting on here.

Latest resources

Back