AIN on Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HazMat

Hopefully this signals a turnaround for all of us. I understand we are hiring as well so that can be good news for some of the furloughed pilots

Avantair Soars in Difficult Fractional Aircraft Market
By: Chad Trautvetter
February 16, 2010
Fractional

Fractional provider Avantair reported revenues of $35.8 million for its fiscal year 2010 second quarter, which ended December 31. It recorded operating income of $1.4 million, versus an operating loss of $628,000 in the year-ago period, and earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization stood at $2.8 million.

Company CEO Steven Santo was pleased with the results, especially in light of 89-percent growth in flight-hour cards sold compared with the figures on Dec. 31, 2008, and a 4.4-percent increase of quarter-over-quarter flight activity to 9,770 hours.

Avantair also took delivery of four new Piaggio Avanti IIs in the quarter, bringing its fleet to 55 Avantis. “Despite a difficult economic environment, Avantair continues to thrive, making considerable market share gains,” Santo said.

“We are currently the leading private aircraft provider in the light jet cabin category in terms of number of owners, with approximately 28-percent market share as of November. In addition, we are delighted with the high volume of customers who are new to private air travel,” which accounted for a fifth of Avantair’s new clientele during the quarter.

Good for you guys.

A certain toolbag on this site would say it's because you're non-union. I would say it's because your management spotted a market niche and exploited it. And that's a good thing.

Cue the toolbag in 3...2...1

I'd say its because they have a unique market niche, and their wages are considerably lower than the industry average. It's just math. Haz...does your post mean that you guys are in the black, or in the red?

I have been here 6 years i will most likely clear 6 figures this year. Please tell me where I would make considerably more flying a turbo prop or light jet btdi. The company is know talking about profit sharing and stock to add on to that.

Listen, I posted this to show some good news and give some hope to furloughed pilots. Not many are hiring and we are. Without someone growing no one is getting hired. Lets just hope it continues there are many pilots out of work

I believe right now they are hiring from resumes already received. I will check though and post tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back