• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIN on Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't heard anything and submitted my app. a couple months ago with 2 letters of rec. from current pilots (one being very senior that works in the training department). What is it taking to get a call for an interview? Then again, I'm furloughed NJA and none of us seem to be getting calls for any jobs since we have an NJA number. :angryfire

I have been here 6 years i will most likely clear 6 figures this year. Please tell me where I would make considerably more flying a turbo prop or light jet btdi. The company is know talking about profit sharing and stock to add on to that.

Listen, I posted this to show some good news and give some hope to furloughed pilots. Not many are hiring and we are. Without someone growing no one is getting hired. Lets just hope it continues there are many pilots out of work

Thanks Hazmat for taking the time to post. Much appreciated! Making a profit during tough times takes creative strategy.

HAZMAT: I have been here 6 years i will most likely clear 6 figures this year. Please tell me where I would make considerably more flying a turbo prop or light jet btdi. The company is know talking about profit sharing and stock to add on to that.

BTDI: You failed to mention that the reason you "might" clear 6 figures this year is because you work a crapload of overtime. Most pilots don't want to be away from their families that long. 2 years ago (during my interview) the company told me that they already had profit-sharing. Of course you now know that was a lie. Do tell us why they would be telling you such a thing now?

Haz.......thanks for the initial post. However....we missed the part on whether or not that post means you guys are in the black or in the red. I hope the black, of course.

2 years ago they didn't have a profit now they are in the BLACK. I think there was a profit sharing plan 2 years ago but with no profit there is nothing to share. I do not work a crap load of overtime. 6 year base is 82k and our per diem is higher than others at $2. We also get a bump for doing IOE. Once again BTDI pretty much everyone on this board knows your story we are sorry it didn't work out for u let's not turn this into a BTDI thread like the others when there is any mention of AvantAir.

Dude......pull your panties back up. No one is attacking your company. You are counting your Per Diem as income. I don't know anyone else who does that. However...if you want to count your Per Diem and your extra duties as an IOE pilot towards your income...so be it. I hope you make a lot of money. You can add your "very little overtime" on top of your food money...LOL.

Dude......pull your panties back up. No one is attacking your company. You are counting your Per Diem as income. I don't know anyone else who does that. However...if you want to count your Per Diem and your extra duties as an IOE pilot towards your income...so be it. I hope you make a lot of money. You can add your "very little overtime" on top of your food money...LOL.

Technically, PerDiem is not "income", I guess, but if it ends up in my bank account, and I'm spending it, it doesn't really matter to me whether it's spent at home or on the road, it's my money. $2/hr beats my old regional PerDiem rate.
And, I will count the IOE raise I get as income. What would you call it?

Sure is nice to see a positive thread in this difficult time, wish it could be allowed to stay positive...

As to the hiring, in recurrent last week, we were told initially 12 newhires, and the 2000 resume number is pretty accurate.

Good luck to all;)

As to the hiring, in recurrent last week, we were told initially 12 newhires, and the 2000 resume number is pretty accurate.

Looking forward to resuming your IOE duties? Nice to see you posting here again. How's the Maine winter been treating you?

Looking forward to resuming your IOE duties? Nice to see you posting here again. How's the Maine winter been treating you?

New-hire IOE will be great, as long as they're as challenging as you were!:laugh:

Skiing's been great, snowmobiling..OK at best last month, would you believe it, never snowed at all thru my vacation in Feb!

Good thing I have another vacation right after recurrent! 65" at Sugarloaf since last Wed!:D

Maniac...I would certainly count IOE duties as pay, but I also would have been more honest about it when I claimed that I was going to make over $100,000 as a Captain. I would have stated up front that I am having to work extra duties (IOE) and overtime to achieve that income, as well as adding my Per Diem to the fiqure to make it top $100,000.

I hope you guys are indeed hiring. They told me the same line last April, that they were hoping to have a class in June/July. That was almost a year ago and it never happened, much like the "Profit-Sharing" they told me about in the interview (which didn't exist either).

Either way.....good luck to you guys.

Latest resources

Back