Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gee, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you like the idea of cleaning the trash off the cabin floor while sporting your goat-tee into your golden years, but most of us would prefer to be sitting on a sailboat in the caribbean at age 60. Now, if we choose to do that, we'll lose quite a bit of money from the delayed upgrade and loss of compounded interest. Yeah, sounds like a great deal. :rolleyes:

And scope got Air Whiskey flying for you guys too. Tell me what your union has done for you lately???

Sweet Jeezus, ICAO includes places like France, third world countries, etc. etc.

Since when do we want to emulate those idiots?

We should aspire to something much higher than the international standard. We just got sold out, there are no two ways about it. Feel free to go work in an ICAO country if that's all you want. Good luck with that.

Attitudes like this will get us nowhere in the global economy...

By its own members

Any such clauses in contracts will cause the unions to get hit with massive amounts of DFR lawsuits.
Is that like the members of the union suing the union?

Is that like the members of the union suing the union?
That's correct. Reference the RJDC (Ford/Cooksey) litigations, or the TWA pilots' litigation. Similar lawsuits would result if unions tried to exclude older pilots through the use of their collective bargaining agreements.

Brotherhood?

That's correct. Reference the RJDC (Ford/Cooksey) litigations, or the TWA pilots' litigation. Similar lawsuits would result if unions tried to exclude older pilots through the use of their collective bargaining agreements.
Then how does this fit into the concept of brotherhood and solidarity, brothers suing each other?

Then how does this fit into the concept of brotherhood and solidarity, brothers suing each other?
It doesn't. Unfortunately, some members (Ford/Cooksey) don't understand the concept of brotherhood, and they attempt to screw over their union brothers in order to get ahead themselves. I think you'll see that more lawsuits result from this legislation, despite the fact that they tried to prevent it with language in the bill.

Attitudes like this will get us nowhere in the global economy...

Ah, yes, the global economy. I'm sure your union bretheren who have lost thousands of manufacturing and other blue collar jobs to cheap, foreign labor will be happy to explain the facts to you.

Give me a break, fella. ALPA is not our savior, and neither are you.

Get it in your contract that pilots have to retire at age 60 with full pay at your airline. You could still get that sailboat at age 60, you may change your mind at 60

That just shows your inability to comprehend airline contracts.

pilot make contract?

That just shows your inability to comprehend airline contracts.
I thought in the union environment, the pilots dictate what will be in the contract, pay, work rules, benefits, etc by using the threat of withholding services to get what they want?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back