• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on what you're counting down to I guess. 12/12/12 is the last day of the age 65 rule stalling our careers (eight). 12/13/12 is the first day those careers resume movement up the seniority list (nine).

what you guys don't get is that we're all also 5 years older now.... it's a lose/lose either way.. the 65ers won, and we all lost, cause now we gotta work to 65 to get the same career.

what you guys don't get is that we're all also 5 years older now.... it's a lose/lose either way.. the 65ers won, and we all lost, cause now we gotta work to 65 to get the same career.
If you like your job, you can never be a looser. There are so few people who get paid to do something they like. This makes you an exception to the average job holder, therefore you can not be a looser

Amen.

However considering how many of us got totally screwed by 9/11 and its aftermath, there may be less of us crying about it when we get to 60 than you might suspect because many will be able to postpone dog food for dinner another 5 yrs.

Just sayin...

If you like your job, you can never be a looser. There are so few people who get paid to do something they like. This makes you an exception to the average job holder, therefore you can not be a looser

Assuming he actually likes his job. Not really an automatic these days in aviation anymore I'm afraid.

As opposed to a "tighter."

Sorry, Yip. Couldn't resist.

Amen.

However considering how many of us got totally screwed by 9/11 and its aftermath, there may be less of us crying about it when we get to 60 than you might suspect because many will be able to postpone dog food for dinner another 5 yrs.

Just sayin...

I hear of anecdotal examples of guys calling it, and hanging up their wings... but I'm still not sure there is some massive looming shortage of pilots willing to work for legacy carriers and places like Southwest, Fedex or UPS.... Yip's outfit is a whole other story..

Assuming he actually likes his job. Not really an automatic these days in aviation anymore I'm afraid.

after years wondering the airline wilderness, I'm finally enjoying my job again.... yes. BUT I really don't fancy flying into my mid 60's.. Although if I age well, maybe I'll change my mind by then.

you think, at his age he would be able to spell. should have gone to college

careful, you're about to get one of those famous Yip... "Sorry to bother you" messages in your private mail... where he explains his lengthy and otherwise amazing career, then tries to justify why he is working for USA Jet in management... I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back