Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Totally Disagree!!!!

NJA is a non-sked, fair wx operation of which the sum total of operating hours since inception barely compares to one year of FAR121 ops.

FAR 121 pilots are being forced to be more productive than ever in increasingly harsher environments. Age 60 is a rule with a perfect record. CAL has had 3 on duty heart attacks in 2007, one fatal. It's not the time to be messing with this rule and if anyone actually cared about the safety data this wouldn't be happening like this.

AGE 65 finally brings us into the 20th Century and ICAO standards.
If you want ICAO standards, then move to an ICAO country!

Now lets all get over it and move on. All those who have to wait 5 years to upgrade, well, y'all get to work until 65 now so what's the difference?
Wow, that's the best "I've got mine translation ever."
Coming from an airline that doesn't even have a union and tried to bend the FAR's to get transcon turns, I'm not really surprised by your comments.

Totally Disagree!!!!

NJA is a non-sked, fair wx operation of which the sum total of operating hours since inception barely compares to one year of FAR121 ops.

FAR 121 pilots are being forced to be more productive than ever in increasingly harsher environments. Age 60 is a rule with a perfect record. CAL has had 3 on duty heart attacks in 2007, one fatal. It's not the time to be messing with this rule and if anyone actually cared about the safety data this wouldn't be happening like this.

Well just wait till these guys are past sixty lugging their roller boards up and down stairs and across terminals, the heart attacks will increase. I don't wish ill will on anyone but it cant be good for you to be doing all these things everyday while in your sixties.

Are you kidding? It is called exercise, when i travel, I notice the fat pilots take the train to their terminal, I on the other hand walk to my terminal along with the not so fat pilots, just imagine if every pilot walked between terminal a to d at ATL, heartt attack, what are you smokin, its good exercise, not stress

And for the last time, we are an ICAO Country, with 2 seats on the voting board, in fact, this bill allows both pilots to be over 60 in the cockpit, while the ICAO rule alows only 1 pilot to be over 60, the other pilot has to be under 60, so their rule is more restrictive than the bill that just passed

All those who have to wait 5 years to upgrade, well, y'all get to work until 65 now so what's the difference?
Gee, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you like the idea of cleaning the trash off the cabin floor while sporting your goat-tee into your golden years, but most of us would prefer to be sitting on a sailboat in the caribbean at age 60. Now, if we choose to do that, we'll lose quite a bit of money from the delayed upgrade and loss of compounded interest. Yeah, sounds like a great deal. :rolleyes:

Union can fix it

Gee, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you like the idea of cleaning the trash off the cabin floor while sporting your goat-tee into your golden years, but most of us would prefer to be sitting on a sailboat in the caribbean at age 60. Now, if we choose to do that, we'll lose quite a bit of money from the delayed upgrade and loss of compounded interest. Yeah, sounds like a great deal. :rolleyes:
Get it in your contract that pilots have to retire at age 60 with full pay at your airline. You could still get that sailboat at age 60, you may change your mind at 60

Last edited:
Get it in your contract that pilots have to retire at age 60 with full pay at your airline. You could still get that sailboat at age 60, you may change your mind at 60
Any such clauses in contracts will cause the unions to get hit with massive amounts of DFR lawsuits.

I'm just glad we were able to get rid of dangerously senile old guys like Hoot Gibson, Barry Schiff, and Al Haynes. Just imagine if they had been allowed to fly up until 65. :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back